Class 11

***This isn't a poem but my standard introduction for every class in the Ph.D. program that I take. It's always our first discussion worth 1 point. I do my Ph.D. online at the University of the Rockies in Denver, Colorado. The photo of the rose above is my own.***

Greetings!

          I am Olga! Nice to meet you, folks! I am 34 (turning 35 this Saturday) years old, from Stamford, Connecticut and have lived here for 29 years. The first six years of my life I spent and was born in Slutsk, Belarus, USSR. When my family immigrated, we lived for three weeks in Austria and four months in Italy. I speak both Russian and English fluently. I have overcome a massive illness called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) where I was bedridden for two years, and this horrid disease nearly took my life. Though I am not cured, and I have to deal with setbacks and whatnot every day, I consider myself as a beacon of hope for others in the spoonie community that miracles do happen and to never, ever, give up fighting for your dreams. If you have questions about what M.E. is (most countries call it M.E. and I refuse to call it ME/CFS or CFS), I would like to refer you to a short 7 minutes video above. Furthermore, if you have any questions for me, do not hesitate to ask. I am doing my dissertation on this topic as well.

About my education:

2013: MBA with a Concentration in Management at Sacred Heart University, Fairfield CT & Luxembourg.

2011: Graduate Certificate in Leadership at Sacred Heart University, Fairfield CT.

2005: BBA with a major in International Management and a minor in Law; Regional Concentration; Europe at Pace University, New York, NY.

About my work background:

            After coming off a 2.5-month break, this is my 11th class in this program (excluding the 1 in-res I did at the beginning of November 2017), and I am doing the SoODL doctorate with a concentration in Organizational Diversity. I have experience in the business and legal fields (Patent Prosecution Paralegal) as well as a tutor, professional editor, freelance writer, research assistant, teacher, and professor's assistant. My ultimate goal after I finish this Ph.D. is to become a professor of both grad and undergrad students in the field of business especially leadership and ethics, and I want to make the next generation of managers and leaders the best they could be given what I have learned both in school and in my career.

Personal Interests:

           On a different note, I am a published author of poetry, as well as a professional writer and editor (other than the published poetry book, I have 10 works in total; 9 of which are completed. Whatever is not published is copyrighted on Wattpad for anyone interested). Other than writing, I am a certified scuba diver and love to travel all around the world. I have been to countries (some even multiple times) like Israel, Greece, Luxembourg, France, Mexico, Canada, England, and practically every Caribbean island. We (my mom and I or my visiting friends/traveling with them) also love taking cruises to the Caribbean when we can, and I can enjoy my scuba diving there.

         This past August, my mom and I returned to Belarus for 3.5 weeks for the first time since our immigration, and it was a very interesting experience. Though everything had changed, I was glad to see things and people I remembered from when I was a little girl.

         Furthermore, I also collect books of different genres, take photographs, sing, and collect nutcrackers. I have a great sense of humor, am very open, and an extrovert and people always tend to gravitate to me in the most random of places like there is a sign on my head saying "cool person, let's chat!" I look forward to working with many of you again and meeting new folks! G-d bless.