"Whatever," he muttered in a bored tone. "I was just curious."

I stubbornly crossed my arms, checking to see if my guns were still there before asking, "You done interrogating me now, Alpha?" I smirked when I said 'Alpha' and he glared at me.

"I wasn't interrogating you," he defended himself. "I was curious."

I turned my back to him and refused to talk to him, mad he felt the need to question me like I was some kind of perpetrator. He didn't say anything until a few minutes later.

I felt his hand on my shoulder and instead of throwing it off like I would normally do, I let him. It felt...nice. God, I'm turning into such a priss.

"Taylor," he whispered. "I'm sorry if I offended you." I peeked up at him and his apology and his eyes seemed sincere.

"Okay," I smiled. "I forgive you. I'm sorry, too. I have no reason to be mad."

Grayson grinned and I literally felt my heart skip a beat. He'd always been handsome, but when he smiled, it was absolutely breath-taking.

Taylor! Snap out of it! You're going to find your mate soon and you don't want to jeopardize your relationship because of your feelings for Grayson!

"So, can we start all over again?" He shyly asked, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I smiled and stopped myself from reaching out and pushing back the few strands that fell on his forehead.

"Yeah. What do we do now?"

Grayson smiled back and gestured behind him. "How about some food? You hungry?"

"Starving," I answered, even though I had eaten less than half an hour ago.

"Great," he grabbed my hand and I ignored the instinct to throw it off. "I know a place where they serve pancakes all day."

Laughing, I followed him through the forest with him still holding my hand.

~A long walk and hundreds of "Are we there yet?" later~

"Are we there yet?" I sighed for the kajillionith time. Grayson turned his head and smiled at me.

"Yep."

"Ugh! This is taking for--wait! We're here?" I looked up and saw an old-fashioned diner. it was called, "Mel's Place".

Grayson chuckled some more and pulled me into the homey restaurant. As I entered, I was overwhelmed by the delicious scent and I stopped myself from drooling at the sight of the burgers.

We sat down at a booth near the window and a waitress came.

"Hello," she smiled at Grayson, completely ignoring me. She leaned on the table, giving him a clear view of her cleavage. Well, what wasn't showing already.

Grayson gave her a brief look and nodded his head in response. I threw my hand over my mouth, stifling my laugh. The waitress finally decided to acknowledge me. She whipped her hair and glared at me.

"Can I have the chocolate chip pancakes with extra bacon on the side?" Grayson ordered.

"I'll have what he's having. And a Sprite, please," I smiled at her.

Completely ignoring me, she cooed at Grayson."Sure, babe." She leaned even closer, practically sitting on him. I laughed out loud this time and when she glowered at me, I bent my head, still chortling.

"Er, could you maybe move away?" Grayson said, slightly pushing her. She pushed her boobs in his face more, as she leaned with one hand on the table.