CHPT20: Rising from the Waves

Start from the beginning

"Hey Korra," Percy walked up next to me with Annabeth. "Glad you found the last of the stray rats."

"Wouldn't be a win if we let the biggest ones escape would it?" I replied cooly.

"At least we got them to the bay," Annabeth sighed, wiping a bit of blood from her cheek.

"Aw we missed all the fighting," Bolin exclaimed as he and Mako joined us.

"Don't say that so quickly," Mako warned.

"Where are the lava benders?" I asked worriedly.

"Leo's got them," Mako reassured me with a smile.

"You fools!" Wun yelled catching our attention. He stood right before the water line, clearly trying his best not to step in the bay. "You think you have won? You've won nothing! My army may be worn now, but my backing is large and wealthy. I will rule this kingdom and see it returned to its former glory under my illustrious rule!"

"Dude," Percy sighed. "Accept defeat, seriously. You are surrounded and out of your element, literally. You don't stand a chance."

"How dare you commoner speak to the king with such impudence!" Wian yelled, trying to look proud and regal despite the fact his was being buffeted by waves. "You aren't even from this world. What right do you have to meddle in our affairs?"

Percy paused for a moment then smiled, "I was reminded of something just recently, it was something I'd taken for granted. Back home, there is no king who dictates the land. I have the freedom to do as I please, within reason. I have the right to live my life in the manner I see fit, not as someone tells me to. It isn't something you think of until someone reminds you that there are others who don't have those rights. I used to think the affairs of this world weren't my concern, but now I see I was wrong. The people want their freedom, it isn't in my nature to turn a blind eye and not help if I know I am capable of doing so. Especially if there is someone trying to steal the rights the people are fighting to have! That's why I'm here."

"Rights are unnecessary," Wun growled. "You are meddlesome and unwanted here."

"That's only because we aren't on your side," Annabeth smirked.

"Give up Wun," I commanded. "This rebellion is over."

Suddenly from the mist obscuring the mouth of the bay came a loud battleship horn. Through the fog, the silhouettes of giant ships began to emerge.

"Oh I don't think so," Wun grinned fiendishly. "Your plan was sound to push us to the bay, but you unwittingly put our backs to our allies!"

My heart rose in my throat beating so fast I thought it might just jump right out of my body as my skin turned clammy with fear. Hadn't Iroh said Woo had gone to sea? If Woo went to sea by the bay mouth then he would have run head long into Wun's reinforcements. Glancing back at Mako and Bolin, I could see they were having similar thoughts.

"What no clever remarks?"  Wun taunted. "Did you really think I'd be so careless as to not have reinforcements on the sea?"

"No I don't think you are careless," General Iroh stepped up next to me. "But you may have made a slight over sight."

"What?" Wun turned to look at the ships, his eyes growing wide with shock.

Tension released from my body as I realized those weren't Metal Dynasty ships, they were Water Tribe and Fire Nation. The help the air benders had sent from the other nations had arrived and standing on the prow of the leading water tribe ship was Prince Woo. He was squinting towards the shore, leaning as far as he could safely, Frank standing right behind him , and making sure he didn't fall. I smiled at the sight, he's okay!

"I guess putting a fleet of earth benders on the ocean wasn't your brightest idea," Iroh smirked at the flustered nobleman.

"That's-No!" Wun yelled, enraged. He whipped around flinging a giant slab of earth at Iroh! It never reached its target. Hanging mid air, the slab gently replaced itself in the earth from which it came.

"That's quite enough," Leo walked onto the beach. His body was glowing green, his feet seemed to melt in and out of the ground below him, and veins snaked around him as he moved, circling his body and the sand beneath him. His eyes glowed and for the first time since I'd heard his story about Gaia I truly believed he was a god. Leo walked down onto the beach purposefully. "You've done enough, caused enough war, caused enough blood shed, and caused enough sorrow. WUN,"  His voice echoed as if it rose from the center of the planet, reverberating down the beach and out into the bay. "YOUR ACTS OF VIOLENCE HAVE DISTURBED THE PEACE OF THIS LAND." Suddenly Wun and all of metal dynasty were picked from the bay floor in tendrils of thick mud. "I DON'T SEE A KING, I SEE A CHILD TRYING TO BE KING. I SEE A MAN WHO IS TRYING TO DRAG HIS WORLD BACKWARDS WITH BLOODY CONQUEST WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS STRUGGLING FORWARDS. YOU CANNOT RULE A KINGDOM THIS WAY. IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO RULE IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW I PLACE YOU AND ALL YOUR MEN IN THE HANDS OF THE LEADERS OF THIS WORLD SO THEY MAY DEAL WITH YOU IN THE MANNER THEIR LAWS AND PEOPLE SEE FIT."

The whole army was pushed together into a clump in the air and the clay  dried into solid rock instantly leaving all the soldiers encompassed in rock up to their necks. Then four pillars of rock rose from the ocean to support the giant mass of the army. Leo took a deep breath and slowly he began to stop glowing and the ground and veins around him fell away. When he opened his eyes the irises were now completely green, but he had regain some of his normalcy before turning back to us.

"They should probably be moved soon," He smiled cheerfully. "But I'll leave that up to you."