A Rocky Start

Today I wanted to spend the whole day trying to impress Naruko. It was also the day of our first real mission. Were leaving the village as escorts. I packed my weapons and some spare clothed into a bag and left. I went to the place where we usually meet. Naruko was sitting on a wall talking to Neji and Sakura waved at me. Wait, Naruko was talking to who!?

"Yeah it's gonna be awesome! I've never left the village before!" Naruko said to Neji. Neji smiled as Naruko hopped down from the wall.

"Is that so? I'm sure you'll like it . Just try to come back alive." Neji said playfully punching her arm. She laughed and hugged him. I swear I almost felt my sharingan activate for the first time.

"Yeah! Count on it!" she said letting go. Neji rubbed her hair.

"See you later."

"Bye Neji-kun." Naruko waved goodbye to Neji. Neji walked by me and smirked. I glared at him as he walked away. I walked over to Naruko and Sakura. Sakura talked and talked. Naruko yawned and mumbled and groaned about Kakashi not showing up yet. I sat next to her. She looked over at me. "Whats up Teme?" she asked. I looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Well you never sit next to me unless you got something ta say." she yawned. She scratched her head and let out a small after-yawn whine. 'so cute!' I kept my composure in tact. I wanted to melt. "Well." she said looking at me.

"Nothing. I was tired, so I sat down." I stated plainly. Not true. I sat next to her out of pure possessive instinct. She just shrugged.

"Whatever." she said leaning against the wall, letting her eyes close.

A few seconds later I could hear her light snoring and watched the steady rise and fall of her... um. Chest? Yeah, lets call it that. Sakura spoke.

"It's not polite to drool over a girls chest Sasuke-kun." she giggled. CRAP. I forgot she was there.

"I wasn't staring." I said hiding a blush behind my bangs. Sakura apparently wasn't convinced.

"I know... Sasuke-kun." she stammered awkwardly. I looked at her, she had a weird look in her eyes. What was her problem? What did she know?

"What?" I inquired.

"You...Naruko." She muttered. My eyes went wide. Then all traces of my emotionless mask went away. More like, it slipped. I blushed. Choked up. My heart beat fast. But only for a moment. This made Sakura laugh. "So you do like her!" she yelled. My hand covered her mouth.

"SHUT UP!" I hissed. I turned to Naruko. Who, thank god, was a heavy sleeper. Sakura looked at me. Then nodded.

"When are you gonna confess!?" Sakura yelled. I glared at her, she piped down.

"It's none of you concern." I stated. Sitting down again. She then got real serious.

"If you don't fess up soon Neji will ask Naruko out." she said. For once. She had my full attention.

"What?" I said urgently. Sakura sighed.

"Ten-Ten, Neji's teammate told me that he said he was going to ask Naruko out when we get back from our mission. I was hoping for a time to tell you... but you were so..um...involved. With watching Naruko I couldn't say anything." she rubbed the back of her head nervously. My whole world fell apart. I was angry, upset, and annoyed. Neji? Ask out Naruko? MY NARUKO!? LIKE HELL HE WILL! just as I started plotting my revenge Kakashi showed up with a rather old man.

"Hey, Dobe. Wake up." I said kicking her side. She moaned. I froze for a moment then shook her shoulder. "Dobe." She sleepily shooed me away.

"Shut-up S'uke-teme." she groaned. My eye twitched. 'Come one Sasuke! Just wake up the precious Dobe! Push you dirty thoughts away!' Kakashi just said to let her be for the time being. The old man chuckled.

"That his girl friend?" He asked Kakashi. My eye twitched I struggled to push down a blush. Kakashi laughed. "The way he looks at her you would think so. But no." I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. EVERYONE KNEW? Sakura spoke up.

"Neji's gonna ask Naruko out." She mentioned to Kakashi.

My whole world crumbled. SAKURA YOU TRAITOR! Kakashi coughed and broke up our chat. After Naruko woke up, He explained our mission.

"Oh, so we just gotta escort this old dude?" Naruko stated plainly.

"Watch your mouth kid." The old man said pointedly. Naruko stood her ground.

"Kid? I'm the girl who's gonna become Hokage!" The old man laughed.

"You? Hokage?" He laughed more. Naruko's face turned beat red. Kakashi stepped in.

"Naruko may look small and thin but she's very capable. She has what the villagers call 'Tsunade Strength.'" Naruko beamed at the sudden praise from her sensei. My Naruko may be a stubborn brat but she loves it when she's complimented on her skills.

"Well. Then I guess I'll be countin' on the lot of ya'." The old man said slightly surprised.

We walked along for a while. Naruko trailed behind taking in the outside world. She stepped in something because she stopped. I turned to look at her.

"Plop?" She said. Looking down. She had stepped in a puddle.

"Quit playing in puddles. Hurry up! Geez your such a kid Naruko." Sakura yelled. Naruko bent down to look at the puddle. She took out a kunai. I guess it's time I said something.

"Oi. Dobe whats up?"

"PUDDLE MY ASS!" She yelled stabbing it. "It hasn't rained in days. Remember Teme? That old lady was complaining about crops or some shit." She continued to stab the puddle. "I don't know what the hell this is but its no puddle!" She brought he Kunai up again but when she began to slam it down a hand came out and stopped her.

"Very smart." The 'puddle' said,. It slowly morphed into a person. The Man held Naruko up by her arm. She started kicking him. He looked unaffected. Even though he was bleeding in 5 different places from the wounds Naruko made. I could see the Man tighten his grip on Naruko's arm. She wailed in pain, dropping her kunai. She grabbed another kunai and attempted to use it to break free. Only to have her other arm captured. The mans grip tightened o both her arms. Naruko screamed again.

"Sasuke-kun behind you!" Sakura yelled I turned to see two other men attacking Kakashi and Sakura. One was currently throwing a kunai at me. I dodged and attacked. I glanced back at Naruko. She was struggling, I could see the mans grip gket tighter. Naruko screamed. She threw her body back and sung forward. Her feet connected with the mans jaw. Naruko flipped the rest of the way over and landed on the ground. I continued to dodge my opponents attacks.

"THAT IS IT!" Naruko screamed. She stomped on the ground and sent out a shock wave.

"JUMP!" I yelled to my team. The all hopped into the air. The ninja fell over and the ground broke under them.

The ninja retreated after being dealt with by Kakashi. Naruko moved her arm.

"I think that ass wipe dislocated my elbow." She said trying to move her arms. When she tried to bend then a look of pain crossed her face. She looked close to tears... I just couldn't take it.

"Come here Dobe." I said she walked over. I grabbed her arm and twisted it. I did the same to the other arm.

"OW! BAKKA TEME! WHA-..wait what?" She bent her arms. Then smiled. "Awesome! My arms feel great!" She threw her arms loosely over my shoulder and grinned. This must be her idea of a friendly hug... 'stay strong Sasuke.' "Your the best Sasuke-Teme!" she let go, to my sadness, and playfully punched my arm before skipping off to pick up her discarded arm bands. (A/N:Naruko keeps her weapon packs on her arms, they're locked with a small amount of chakra. To unlock it she bends her arms. She always unlocks it with enough time to let her desired amount of kunai slip out, then she puts her arm straight and the weapon(s) travel down her arm, and into her hand. I know it sounds like it takes forever but really, she dose it in a second. Its like she creates Kunai from nothing.) I almost fainted. Naruko just hugged me! She called me 'The Best'! HA TAKE THAT NEJI!

"We should continue, I talked with our client. He explained the situation. Keep on guard." And with that we continued on our journey.