Chapt. 1 "C193"

No ones POV.

"I-I'm sorry! I p-promise I-I'll do w-w-what you sa-say!" A small girl screamed, her hands shackled together along with her feet, metal wrapped around her wrists and ankles and hooked onto the floor, stopping her from leaving the small containment unit she was sealed inside.

A small glass door sealed her away in a small pod like machine, a white light beamed down and reflected off her large tears that streamed down her bruised cheeks, she yanked and pulled harshly against her restraints but with no avail.

"Shut up C193!" A tall figure snapped, a lab coat splattered with blood floated in the slight draft from within the dark room, only the light from the girl's unit and the lights from another dashboard beside her lit up the concrete room below ground.

The man turned around as the girl continued to scream and cry for him to come back, her ankles grew red as the metal rubbed and skinned her wrists, causing immense pain once again.

As the man headed towards the door, he stopped, turning back once more for a single glance, his expression was sour, like a bucket of lemons, "You're worthless, you're lucky we even keep you alive for your successful abilities, but look at you, you can't even use them" He scowled, slamming the thick metal door shut.

The loud bang echoed back through the room as the little girl dropped to her knees, a simple torn and dirty white dress covered her body as she leaned her head against the glass, muttering words of apology and sorrow, begging for someone to come back.

Moments past as her tears continued to drip off her chin, splattering onto the thick cuffs around her wrists that held her hostage, but her sorrowful whispers were cut short as a loud bang suddenly went off.

She gasped loudly, choking on her tears as she leaned away from the seal of her unit, looking through the glass as quiet bickering seeped under the door, "Tell me where's the key!!" A man yelled.

The girl scurried back and her back slammed into the hard plastic wall of her containment unit, another gun shot rang through the air as her breathing started to race, her heart pounded in her ears as moments of silence passed by.

Suddenly the door was busted right off it's hinges, an older man with grey hair slicked back and a monocle held his hand out, purple rings of writing circled around his palm for a moment before it defused.

He stared at the girl for a moment before another younger man popped up beside him, orangery brown hair stuck up like a pom pom, a band-aid over the bridge of his nose and a small dark green jacket with a fur lined hood.

"Look at that boss." He pointed to the girl, her eyes shrunk as threads of her long creamy blonde hair started to fall in front of her face, she had completely stopped breathing as fear overtook her.

The older man wandered into the room, looking around with a straight expression as he took in the almost empty room, "We aren't here for a girl. Mori requested us to gather the stolen armory" He grunted.

"But she might have info on where they are" The boy replied, strolling into the room with his hands in the pockets of his shorts, "Does it look like it?" The older man snapped back, gazing over the intricate dashboard that was linked with the girl's confinement unit.

The boy sighed, looking around the dark room in boredom, "Do you really think they'd store stolen stuff so close to the surface though? Like if I were them, I would store it as far down or high as I could" he suggested.

The girl sat frozen in her place, watching as the two men inspected the room like she wasn't even there, but yet another stranger walked in through the busted doorway.

She was a short girl, long back hair pulled into a pony tail with a few strands hanging down the middle of her face, a weaved mask covered her mouth and nose and a long black coat hung down behind her, torn fiercely at the edges.

??? POV.

I glanced around the dark room, the concrete walls were dirty and splattered with some sort of substance that had dried and layered over the years, on the furthest wall in the center was a small confinement unit, and a little girl inside.

She looked horrified for her life.

Boss looked through the sketchy looking cabinets that were filled with miscellaneous medication, syringes and other things that you would normally find in a hospital, they stood beside her pod and Oscar just wondered around aimlessly, I decided to go see what that girl was in there for.

Trotting over to the dashboard that stood beside her, she eyed me out of the corner of her dull green eyes, her body trembled in pure fear, but she did not move, I scanned over the intricate mess of buttons, switches and random wires.

There were also key holes, finger scanners and other security units that kept me from supposedly unlocking the small unit that she was locked in, "What cha' doing Sakura? Boss said to just leave her" Oscar peered over my shoulder as I tapped a few buttons.

"Mori might be able to make her useful, she might know something about this place" I muttered back, "Well, you need a hand for the scanne-" I turned around as the seal opened on the little girl's pod.

Warm air seeped out like thick smoke as Oscar's jaw dropped to the ground, Boss turned from the cabinets and raised a brow at me, "Sakura?" "Mori wouldn't want a survivor would he? I'm sure he can make her useful" I commented.

He nodded as I knelt down in front of the girl, she pulled her legs and arms as close to her body as she possibly could, shaking like crazy as I slid out a knife from my waist band, her breaths were quick and uneven, ragged, like she was trying to stop breathing all together.

"You'll be fine" I sighed, grabbing the chains that were hooked and screwed to the floor, and pushing my knife into them, the blade heated up and turned bright red, melting through the thick chains that confined her here.

She didn't budge as I took my knife and slipped it back into it's place, "W-Why...?" She whispered, a raspy quiet voice that I barely heard as I stood up, "Cause, you look like you have an ability that could be useful" I gripped onto the short chains as her head dropped down slightly, like she just lost the last sliver of hope.

I gently yanked her up, she gasped and tumbled to her knees out of the pod as Oscar came over and watched beside me, her elbows pressed against the floor while her hands were above her head, her head hung low as her creamy blonde hair hung around her face.

She was dirty and looked like she hadn't seen a scrap of food in a while, I'm sure she doesn't even know what sunlight is.

Oscar bent down as Boss left the room, going off to look for the stolen weapons, "hey kid, you know who we are?" He questioned, the girl shook her head slightly as Oscar almost tumbled back in shock.

He looked up at me with a flabbergasted expression, "Really?! We're the Razor Blades! Everyone knows us! Part of the Harbor Mafia!" He yapped, the girl seemed scared of his loud voice, so I kicked him gently to let him know.

"Now do you know who we are??" He asked again, "I'm s-sorry bu-but.. w-what's the... H-Harbor M-Mafia..?" She stuttered, at this point, Oscar's mouth dropped to the ground and I was a little shocked as well.

I bent down and dropped the chains, she jumped slightly and shifted up so she sat on her knees, cautious not to get too close to us as she began to rub her arms, her left cheek was bruised and her face was strained with new and old cuts, tears overlapped one another as she continued to silently cry.

"Do you know what 'Home ' is?" I asked, her eyes dulled for a moment before her chin began to quiver, her head shook side to side slowly, but she was very slow to answer, as if she did, something bad would happen.

Oscar was speechless, he plopped to the ground and crossed his legs, "Wow..." He muttered, "What do you know?" I nudged him, shaking my head, "That's Mori's job, not ours. Now we better get out of here before company comes" I stood back up onto my feet.

"W-Where am I-I-I goi-going?..." She choked on her own words as tears began to stream down her cheeks once again.

I sighed,

"To a better place.".

Word count: 1498