Chapter 5

Hey guys this is a kinda short and slow moving Chapter but it was needed for the story line...

Sorry for being slow in uploading...but I hope you guys like it!!

And it's definitely going to get better over the next few Chapters :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

Jezebel’s POV

After the incident with Ryder at school I decided to stay home with Josh. At the time it sounded like a good idea, but since we got home yesterday afternoon things hadn’t been going well. I tried to act normal when my parents and Josh’s came to pick us up but after what had just happened with Ryder it was hard to focus on anything. I was trying desperately to wrap my head around the vision I’d seen from Ryder but nothing was making sense. I just kept replaying the vision over and over and over…

I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about whether I should tell Josh about the vision of Ryder and Kyle or not. I hadn’t slept the whole night because I’d been debating with myself on the issue and still had no answer. I was worried if he knew what I did, then he’d freak out and do something stupid. But we were married and it was eating me up not telling him. I kept going around in circles never making up my mind.

That wasn’t the only thing I was going in circles about either. The note I left Ryder after he saw my vision was possibly the biggest mistake I’d made. I had no idea if I was right or if I was wrong…. I shouldn’t have let him know what I thought I knew. I should have waited until I was sure. I just didn’t seem to be going anywhere or making any decisions. I didn’t know what to do or whether I should tell someone.

It felt like my head was literally filled with question marks about, well pretty much everything. I was beginning to think I shouldn’t have stayed home with Josh and let him have his space and me space to think. But it was too late now and I was going to have to put up my lack of judgement for the rest of the day. Sitting on the bed for a few seconds more I decided just to try and put everything aside for a while and go and eat something, not that I had any sort of an appetite.

Walking down stairs and then into the kitchen I found Josh sitting at the table distractedly picking at what used to be a piece of toast. Quietly pouring myself a bowl of Corn Flakes I grabbed a spoon and sat down in the seat opposite him. Josh didn’t look up from his destroyed toast when I sat down. I decided just to eat my cereal expecting him to eventually say something. The crunching of my cereal in my mouth seemed so loud in the silence between us, the noise hanging excruciatingly in the air.

Not a word came out of Josh’s mouth even after I finished and washed out my bowl. A little frustrated I walked back and sat down again, my arms crossed. I frowned when he still didn’t say anything or even really acknowledge my presence. I briefly ran a hand through my hair and sighed before opening my mouth to speak.

“Josh, will you look at me for a sec?”

When Josh showed no sign of responding I stood up and leaned of the table so I was closer to him.

“Josh, look at me.”

Almost as if he had to force himself, Josh looked up at me. In an almost relief I let a small smile slip across my face. For some reason this was a mistake because immediately Josh’s face darkened at the sight of my smile.

Bitterly he asked, “Do you think this situation is something to smile about?”

I drew in a sharp breath and started to reply but was cut off.