Chapter 6

Hey guys I know it's been a looooooooong time since last upload but I'm trying to write more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

Jezebel’s POV

I slept a lot better than I did the night before. In fact, I got up early and ate breakfast before anyone else woke. Ok, maybe I deliberately got up and ate breakfast early because I didn’t want a repeat of yesterday’s breakfast. While I miserably munched on my Nutella coated toast I tried to dispel the sick feeling in my stomach about returning to school. I didn’t really want to go back to school and yet I didn’t feel like I could stay home with Josh, so I was left with having to face Ryder at school.

I decided to leave for school early again as an avoidance tactic, against Josh and people at school. I got there and then hid in the library until just before class. I sighed as I walked down the hallway to my locker to grab a book before heading to my first class, English. Briefly leaning against the wall of lockers I wondered how long I could avoid the majority of the school population. Once again I sighed when I saw a few stragglers walk by and shoot me furtive glances. Suddenly wishing I had stayed home I unlocked my locker and glumly pulled the door open.

As the door swung open something white fluttered out of my locker and onto the floor. My heart rate picked up as my mind immediately pictured the note I left for Ryder. I grabbed my book from the shelf in my locker and quickly locked it. I looked around to make sure no one had noticed the piece of paper fall out of my locker before I picked it up.

Without looking at what it said or even opening the folded bit of paper I basically ran the rest of the way to class. Being semi late probably wasn’t the way to go about being unnoticed. I looked down as I walked to my seat pretending not to feel or notice the stares that followed me across the classroom. Silently I sat down in my seat and set my book, Macbeth, on my desk. I waited for the teacher to start talking and for people to stop looking in my direction before I even dared glance at the paper.

Hesitantly and with shaking hands I opened the neatly folded piece of paper. My heart thudded in my chest as I saw medium sized printed handwriting curved across the scrap of paper.   I took a deep breath and read the seven small words on the paper.

“I’m not who you think I am.”

A shiver ran down the length of my spine and my heart went cold as I looked up to see Ryder walking into the classroom with his eyes locked on me reading his note. And I swear I could have had a heart attack when he sat down in the seat right behind me. The whole lesson after that it felt like two holes were being drilled into the back of my head by Ryder’s eyes. I could literally feel him staring at me and it made me shiver countless times.

I couldn’t concentrate all lesson as I sat rigidly in my chair wondering who he thought that I thought he was. I thought I was right about him being Kyle’s son. I know it is pretty much impossible but that was who I firmly believed Ryder was. Now I had no idea who the hell he was or even if he was telling me the truth. Once again it seemed like all I could do was go around in circles always ending up with the same unanswered question.

Who is Ryder?

I didn’t even realise that my class was over until people started to get up and were already out of the door. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts I didn’t hear the teacher dismiss the class at all. I blinked a few times before I stood up quickly grabbing my stuff. I pushed in my chair and turned around almost walking face first into Ryder.  I jumped and then almost tripped over the leg of a chair. Since I thought there was no one left in the class room he frightened me easily.