Chapter 10

Sorry for the long wait between uploads this time guys. I can't be bothered to proof read it either, so apologies for typos and anything that doesn't make sense. Hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

Jezebel’s POV

I woke slowly. At first my eyes were so fuzzy I couldn’t see a thing and my head was so clouded that I could really remember a thing either. I blinked over and over trying to clear my eyes and focus them, shaking my head as if that would lift the dense fog that had settled over my brain. What day is it? Why does my back ache so much? I rolled my neck to release some of the tension and then went to rub sleep out of my eyes.

But I couldn’t. My arms weren’t cooperating, either that or… I yanked my arms but to no avail. The sudden flash of terror that streaked through me cleared my dazed mind instantly. The memories of going outside with Ryder and then the excruciatingly painful bite and then the darkness flooded in. I was tied up. My wrists were tied tightly with rope and my back hurt because I was sitting up against a thick metal beam which I was tied to. Frantically looking around for any sign of Ryder I realised why it was so hard to see. All the lights were off in where ever I was.

Where was I?

I tried unsuccessfully to swallow down the panic that was rising up inside me. This was so not how Josh and I had planned this to go. This was so far off from the plan. Ryder wasn’t supposed to bite me and then kidnap me. I laughed nervously. How could we have thought that? Ryder can do whatever he wants. He has the element of surprise. We should have planned for something radical but we’d been so sure that our plan would work. I’m sure Ryder felt the same about his plan. I guess his just happened to screw ours over.

My stomach churned as I began to doubt whether Josh’s fall back plan, if something went wrong, would still work. My internal downwards spiral was interrupted by a light suddenly blazing to life causing me to squint my eyes against the abrupt glare. My eyes adjusted slowly but I was eventually able to take in the area around me. To my confusion I was in what looked like…an apartment or a loft.

It was pretty big. Open plan living. I seemed to be in the centre of the place in an area with nothing close by. It was then that I noticed the wide circle of candles around me. I couldn’t count how many there were but I was directly in the middle. But the circle didn’t just consist of a heap of lit candles; it looked like the circle was primarily made from salt and then the candles were places on top at regular intervals.

“What the hell is this?” I whispered to myself as I twisted against the ropes to get a better look at the rest of the circle behind me.

“It’s pretty impressive isn’t it?” Ryder’s voice caused me to jump as he walked into my view.

He wore a righteous smirk that so resembled Kyle’s that it sent shivers down my spine. He casually strolled around from behind me and stopped when he was directly in front of me. My hands clenched into fists as I tried not to let his nonchalance goad me into trying and failing to get loose to take a swing at his face. He looked a little disappointed when I didn’t struggle against my bonds, but I took little satisfaction from it.

“Ryder, what the hell is going on?!” I spat at him.

He laughed venomously, “Don’t pretend like you don’t know, because I bet you knew all along. Looking back everything just went too smoothly on your part. You should have been more resistant but it was the opposite. You were so easy. Actually, I should be asking you, what’s going on?”