Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ryder’s POV

I knew Josh didn’t like me, from the moment our eyes met in that hallway I knew he hated the very ground I walked on. That’s how I knew it would be so easy to get him out of the way. It would only take a little something on my part to get on his nerves and then he would snap. Now he’s out of the way. The punch was worth it just to get him suspended and then to see the look on Jezebel’s face when she found out. It was all priceless and it was just as I planned.

The one thing I didn’t plan for was being stuck in a room with the two people I despised the most in the world. I could have sworn the idiot of a principal wanted to start another fight because no sane person would have left the three of us alone in a room. But I could tell simply being there was agitating both of them so I just relaxed and watched them argue. It was interesting actually, to see her use her magic to fight with him in his head. It wasn’t hard to figure out what she was doing with her eyes and his facial expression.

I tried not to laugh because it truly was entertaining to watch their lives falling apart. To see her try and hide how upset and angry she was and to see him squirm in frustration. It was almost like Christmas had come early. When she finally turned to me again and actually started to walk towards me with an insane smile, I knew this was something I had not planned for. I could tell she was going to do something but I chose not to react. I had expected her to call names and basically throw around accusations. I did not think she would be stupid enough to think she could actually take me.

I saw her tense up right before she tackled me. We both fell to the floor in a heap and she scrambled to try and turn the situation in her favour. We’d fallen tangled together with neither having the advantage. But I wasn’t about to be taken down by a girl even if she was a witch. Plus I was like a foot taller than her and stronger by far. She looked intent on causing me harm and I saw her hands go for my neck.

I used my heightened speed to grab her wrists before she grabbed me and rolled to my left. The instant Jezebel jumped me I saw Josh try and pull her back but she was out of his reach. Now he looked like he was about to try and punch me again so I took him down. Still managing to hold her hands away from my throat I kicked Josh’s feet out from under him. I heard him shout and then hit the floor hard. I think I even heard his head hit the metal leg of a chair. He sighed loudly but didn’t get up which made me wonder if he was still conscious.

When Jezebel realised Josh had been knocked over she stopped attempting to choke me and instead tried to get away from me. I was almost completely on top of her after I rolled towards her. I pinned her arms above her head and used the rest of my body weight to stop her from getting away from me. She struggled and squirmed. She pulled and kicked. She tried to roll me off her but I wasn’t going anywhere. Somehow she managed to look angry and disgusted the whole time.

A little breathless she spat out, “Get off me now or I swear to God I’ll hurt you!”

I smirked and replied innocently, “But you’re the one who jumped me. Oh, and you really shouldn’t lie on your back, a guy might get the wrong idea.”

I tried not to laugh when she looked confused for a few seconds before figuring out I meant. Once she did she seemed even angrier than before.

She struggled against me for a few more seconds to no avail before saying in a deadly calm voice, “I’m serious Ryder, get the hell off of me or I will make you. Last chance, now move!”

I smiled genuinely amused and leaned forward so my mouth was right next to her ear and whispered, “I can think of only one thing I would like to be doing right now.”