Chapter 13

~shihiro~

"hm~ hm~hm~ going down the path with friends~" Rin sang softly from her spot on Ah-Un's back.

I chuckle softly at her lyrics as I walked beside Sesshomaru.

"nice song rin" I turn my head slightly to look at the said girl. I also took this chance to glance at jaken, who looked ready to yell at rin.

"oh thank you, shi-kun!" Rin beamed, using the nickname she bestowed upon me "can you sing a song for us?" she slid off Ah-Un and ran over to my side, grabbing my hand.

"I don't think you'll understand my songs, honey" I let out a nervous laugh when I see rin start to pout "b-but maybe I can think of one"

"really? yay!" Rin cheered, tugging on my hand joyfully.

"Grrr. Rin! you should show more respect towards lord shihiro"

'looks like jakan finally snapped' I snicker before waving at the small demon to quiet down.

"I have a song you might like Rin

I picked up the adorable girl and she clung to me like a koala.

tell everybody I'm on my way

new friends and new places to see

with blues skies ahead yes

I'm on my way

And there's nowhere else

that I'd rather be"

I spun around, laughing along with rin

"Tell everybody I'm on my way

And I'm loving every step I take

With the sun beating down yes 

I'm on my way

And I can't keep this smile off my face"

"Cause there's nothing like seeing

each other again

no matter what the distance between

And the stories that we tell

Will make you smile

Oh it really lifts my heart"

I thought about Kagome and the others, smiling when rin started humming along with the song.

"so tell'em all I'm on my way

new friends and new places to see

and to sleep under the stars

who could ask for more

with the moon watching over me"

I sent a smile to Sesshomaru who looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"not the snow, not the rain

can change my mind

The sun will come out, wait and see

and the feeling of the wind in your face

can lift your heart

oh there's nowhere I would rather be

Yes, I'm on my way!"

I threw rin in the air making her squeal in delight. I caught her and placed her back on Ah-Un.

"That was an amazing song Shi-Kun" rin beamed, humming the tune of the song to herself.

I smile and go back to my place beside Sesshomaru. said demon lord gave a hummed of approval.

'Inuyasha and the others are fun to hang out with. but I enjoy the peaceful air with Sesshomaru'

I let out a content sigh. but the peace was quickly disturbed by the crashing of trees to our left.

"Give me the humans!!" A demon orc roared, barreling through the tree line towards us.

I frowned, running in front of rin as a human shield while Sesshomaru was at the demon's throat in an instant. It didn't take long for the demon to be dead.

I let myself slowly relax as Sesshomaru landed beside rin and I.

"well done...." Sesshomaru murmured, I barely heard him.

"hm? But you're the one who defeated the demon" I frown and shut my eyes when he placed his hand on my head, giving me a soft pat.

"awwwww You're so sweet, Lord Sesshomaru" I heard rin giggle.

"open your eyes shihiro" the demon lord ordered, his hand moving from the top of my head to grip my chin.

I complied and opened my eye to see his face just inches from mine.

"I may have killed the demon but you did well to think of Rins safety first. Like a mother protecting her pup"

I was caught off guard by the pride that shown clear in his golden eyes. Without another word, he then lets go of my chin and starting walking down the path like nothing had happened.

I stood there shocked and confused by his words. this was not the Sesshomaru that Inuyasha and the others had described. 

"lord Sesshomaru sees you as a worthy mate, lord shihiro. so he will praise you and only you" jaken explained when he noticed my confusion. he then began to lead Ah-Un in the direction Sesshomaru had gone.

'that means he's really trying to win my heart...' A faint smile tugged at my lips.

"shi-kun! we're going to leave you behind"

"Ah! Wait for me!"