Chapter 16

~Shihiro~

Well.

If you thought anything else happened after THAT statement...

Well. Yes.

But not in a way you might be thinking.

"I-I..." Words stuck in my throat as I stared wide-eyed at Sesshomaru "Y-You....."

'Where did that come from all of a sudden!? Oh my god, that was so hot. He was even trying!' I internally scream as I lean into the hand that still cupped my cheek.

"You really have a way to reassure me with your words....." I breathe, placing my hand over his.

I shift around a little to get more comfortable since I was practically on his damn lap. I freeze though, faintly hearing a certain......noise come from the demon. I barely heard it but maybe I just imagined it? I tried to move again but stopped again when he squeezed my waist.

"If you wish to not have those beads removed this instant I suggest you stop moving....."

"OK IM GONNA GO TO SLEEP NOW!" I yelp, literally launching myself off the poor man and hightail it back to the camp.

.

.

.

And yeah. definitely an.... interesting way to end that wonderful moment.

Sesshomaru didn't return till the next day late morning, looking as stoic as ever.

I was in the middle of telling Rin a story when he came

"-and Kagome had the brightest idea to just lean over and kiss me right then! In the middle of a Mcdonalds of all places! In her words 'Well you were freaking out over being not sure and you've never kissed a girl before so there you go!' " Rin laughed when I made my voice high-pitched to impersonate Kagome at that moment. I roll my eyes at the memory "I was honestly pretty mad at that stunt, I didn't speak to her for a week until she apologized with my favorite sweet. Remember Rinnie Bear, If anyone attempts anything on you without your consent. you scream and sesshomaru and I will kill them" I spoke brightly, turning to face said demon lord "Right?"

He walked closer and helped me stand from where I was sitting on the ground.

"Their blood will stain the earth and my sword"

"Anyone who dares to mess with what is lord sesshomarus is marked for death!" Jaken squawked from behind as we began our travels once again.

I watched Rin run along the path in front of us, picking plants and attempting to catch any critters she could find.

"There is a town a half days travel out. you'll be able to get what you want" Sesshomaru spoke after an hour or so of walking.

I blink at the sudden info "Oh? Was that what you were up to last night when I left you?" My cheeks tinted pink as I tried to not remember that small incident.

"It seemed beneficial to allow you to have time to yourself" He stated simply which made me huff.

"If I become a demon. Will I also be taught how to not feel embarrassed in these situations?" I stuck my tongue out when he gave me a puzzled look.

If. I remind myself. Big If. there's no real guarantee on what will happen when the beads are removed. even miyoga had very little info on the topic.

'In all honesty lord shihiro. though I've met a handful of kizoku in my life. I've no knowledge on what happens after a kizoku chooses their mate. It seems to be a mystery to everyone other than the kizoku and their partners. as well as I've never come across the kizoku after they have mated. either they have been killed before they even had a chance to begin the process or they traveled to far lands with their mate due to their status