Entry #367 - Join the Watch they said...

(G367 01/09/2018 via Roll20 - AP, JF(GM)) WA43

[Meanwhile, back in Westgate, the Day Air Watch were about to earn their pay.]

DAY 386 (24th Ches)(March)

It was an overcast day today when Fenrir, Zeni and Relleme met up for another round of protecting the skies over Westgate. It was business as usual, they were watching the city from the highest tower on the south wall, when one of them spotted a large bulbous object floating up from behind a temple spire.

It was about fifteen feet across, but the tentacles dangling from its main round body were almost thirty feet long. They didn't know it at the time but it was some kind of monstrously huge grell.

It was unnaturally fast too, once it had cleared the spire it came towards the wall almost as fast as an eagle in flight. Fenrir managed to shoot it a couple of times but it still made it to the tower and entwined the top of it with its some of its tentacles while using the others to lash out at its attackers.

One stung Fenrir and paralysed him. Unable to move his arms or speak, he was helpless to prevent Zeni being killed and her body being dragged up into the things huge beak.

Relleme dragged Fenrir down the stairs of the tower just as he was realising that the magic of his wings was still working. As the paralysis faded he made his way back up to the top of the tower, but the grell was flying south, off into the distance. He sent Relleme to tell Trepplemar of Zeni's death.

An hour later Trepplemar herself showed up. She said that they would send someone to attempt to follow the grell and see where it went. Fenrir went and took a look at the part of the city the monster had come from and found a four storey house with half its roof missing. Inside the roof was a room that looked like a wizard's laboratory. He helped himself to a couple of things that looked magical and left.

DAY 387 (25th Ches)(March)

And so the Day Air Watch today was just Fenrir and Relleme. Zeni was buried later that evening in a grave paid for by the watch.

Afterwards Fenrir invited Relleme back to his house and they had a few drinks to Zeni's memory. In truth neither of them had known her that long or that well.

Relleme left at about ten, flying home on her Giant Celestial Bee "Honey".

DAY 388 (26th Ches)(March)

Another day in the Air Watch for Fenrir. A mithril shirt was organised for Relleme and some potions of Mage Armour.

After work, as he relaxed at home, Jasper the housekeeper came to tell him there was a gentleman at the door called Erinod Bale.

Hmm, that name rings a bell, thought Fenrir to himself.

It was, of course, the baker he had murdered six days ago, resurrected somehow and now come for a visit. He was wearing his best clothes, presumably, although one sleeve of his coat was frayed and his hat was crooked.

When they were alone in the drawing room Mr Bale spoke.

'Hello, Mr Thunderstaff!'

'No one here of that name,' retorted Fenrir.

'Oh, don't worry, where I have been - we know you very well.'

'Where have you been?'

'The lowest pits of hell, thanks to you!'

They exchanged threats and bandied some more words. Mr Bale was not at all well disposed towards Fenrir at all.

'I'll take my leave of you now young man. I'll be back soon though, when