Entry #339 - Friendly Neighbourhood Vampire Hunters

(G339 06/01/2018 via Roll20 - AP, JF(GM), MJ) WA19

DAY 308 (13th Hammer)(January) cont ...

Having opened the door to the chambers of Rathol Erlend, the man he was here to kill, Fenrir flew inside, invisible, aided by his warlock's infernal powers.

The room he entered had once contained opulent furniture but was now covered in dirt, dust and bloodstains. The windows were shuttered and it smelled of death. Three Vampire Spawn were also here, creatures he easily identified from previous encounters.

They could not see him though, and with the door now open they left the room. A minute or so later Fenrir heard screams coming from the ground floor. There was another door and on opening it he saw Lord Erlend, evidently now a vampire, and a girl who was lying on the double bed asleep or unconscious.

Keeping to the ceiling and being as quiet as possible, Fenrir surprised the vampire with a devastating attack.

Badly injured from the eldritch blast, Erlend fled the room and ran down the stairs. On his way after him Fenrir encountered one of the Vampire Spawns and killed it.

When he entered the large sitting room where Lady Erlend was, he saw her vampiric husband quaffing a healing potion.

He noticed Fenrir enter though and threw a brandy decanter at him which hit and burst. He then picked up a flaming coal from the fire and threw it also. Fenrir gave up on being invisible and attacked again.

The vampire, unable to get his hands on his aerial foe tried to dominate Fenrir and very nearly succeeded. However a couple more blasts from Fenrir killed the undead villain.

All during the combat Arahel had been at the window, as a wisp, tapping at the window!

She had not had the bravery to smash through the glass or considered trying her electrical attack on it.

In any event, with the combat over, Fenrir lifted up the body and flew off with it. After five or ten minutes he found a river and dumped it in, knowing, correctly, that vampire bodies could be destroyed utterly in flowing water. He also paused on the way to kill another Vampire Spawn which was being held at bay at the front entrance of the manor by two guards.

Meanwhile Arahel was zipping from window to window and upstairs saw a teenage girl being menaced by one of the Vampire Spawn in her bedroom. Arahel crashed through the window and easily killed the Spawn as the stupid creature did not realise it could not dominate a wisp.

The girl, who was hiding behind her bed quivered and said, 'Are you an angel?'

'No,' said Arahel in her wispy wisp voice, 'I am a kiloren.'

The girl seemed confused and retreated as far as she could into the corner.

'Please leave me alone!'

Arahel went downstairs and saw a man riding off on a horse at the front gates of the manor. She waited for a while and after about a twenty minute round trip Fenrir returned from his vampire dunking. He was on foot and had Veddic with him.

At the gate his smooth tongue made friends of the guards and the housekeeper was summoned. She was rather upset about the bloodshed as you might expect and was in no mood to let strangers into the house.

'What do you want?' she demanded

'We are passing vampire hunters, we are here to help with your situation.'

'What?' she blinked in puzzlement. 'How would you know there are vampires here?'

'We received divine guidance. We must cleanse this place of evil.'