Falling

A/N: Sorry, sorry, sorry for the late update, but I had A LOT going on, and this chapter really needed some time to work on (you'll see why at the end, mwhahahahahahaaaa) (but just keep reading it's not going to end here)  (we still have like a few more chapters or idk) (also the A/N is now not later cuz I can't ruin the mood MWHAHAHHAHAHA)

"Oh my Merlin," Hermione cried out. "Are you kidding, Harry?" 

Harry shifted. "Look, Mia, I know - "

"No, you don't know!" Hermione screamed. "Harry, it's not because of the war. Your parents... they'll - they'll - "

"They'll be dead," Harry completed softly. 

Silence. 

"How could you put yourself through that?" 

Harry's whole body was trembling. "It's for the greater good, 'Mione. Isn't that what Dumbledore always says?"

"Dumbledore," Hermione said, her voice shaking, "is a bloody idiot."

Harry forged ahead. "And I've had my parents for sixteen whole years this time period. That's one of the biggest blessings I could ever have. I've had sixteen years of no war - just peace - and so have you. The least we could do for this reality is save them."

"Save them by making them never exist," Draco pointed out, his voice controlled. 

"Do we know that, though?" Ginny asked. "We've never tested this before. Who knows what happens in this time period, even if we reset it?"

Gideon and Lyra had been quiet the entire time, most likely in shock, but now, Lyra spoke up. 

"Time travel!?" she cried. "Time travel?!"

"Gid, Lyra," Hermione said, quickly and tersely. "Not the time, please."

"You've been lying to us the entire time?" Gideon asked quietly. "I thought we were your friends."

"And you are!" Ginny defended. "But right now, people are dying, Gideon, and we need to look past that. Hermione, we need to do this."

Hermione shook her head. "We can't. Harry, how - "

"Millions of lives could be lost if we let them win!" Harry shouted. "At the price for two!"

Hermione deflated. Another scream from outside the room sounded. She didn't say anything. 

"Charms classroom," Draco said softly. "That's where it all started."

"Then we need to go there," Harry took charge again, his tone surprisingly steady. "Come on."

"It's a war-zone out there," Draco pointed out. "How will we get there?"

"We'll shield you, Hermione, and Aurora," Ginny said. "Charms isn't far."

Three minutes later, the group was locked in a protective circle, shooting spells at cloaked Ministry officials. 

They were right outside the Charms classroom when a girl cried out in pain. The group instinctively turned towards the sound. 

"Help!" the Muggle boy cried. A small, third year girl was approaching her, wand raised high in her tiny, trembling fingers. 

Gideon instinctively reacted, sending a harmless Stunning spell at the girl, who promptly crumbled. Lyra proceeded to rush towards her and pull her away from danger, while she pushed the Muggle boy towards the exits, where people were already fleeing. 

"Gideon!" Hermione screamed as a tall figure barreled towards him. With surprisingly fast reflexes, Gideon shot a spell at the figure. He crumpled to the ground.