Contempt

Hermione's POV

"Oh my Merlin," Hermione breathed, opening the black box and taking out the dainty necklace inside. A mini dragon with it's wings extended hung from the chain. "It's beautiful."

"It's not only that," Draco nervously said. He took the dragon and twisted the tail off. Hermione realized, with a sharp inhale, that the tail had a small point poking out of it.

"It's enchanted so that if you pull the tail, I get notified, the right wing, Harry gets notified, and the left wing, Ginny gets notified," Draco explained softly. "I just thought - maybe with the war and everything, maybe we would need it - in case someone takes your wand, or you get captured or - "

Hermione stopped him with a light kiss. "Thank you, Draco. I love it."

"Wow, real romantic," Harry snorted, breaking the moment. "Also, doesn't 'Draco' mean dragon? How modest."

Draco shrugged. "It seemed fitting. There was a snake, but I didn't think the Gryffindor Princess would like that."

"You are a Gryffindor," Hermione poked him. "You should've gotten a lion."

A house elf popped up in front of them. He bowed, then straightened. "Please come to the dining hall, miss and misters. We will be having a grand feast in honor of the occasion."

Hermione raised an eyebrow as the elegant house elf popped away. "He speaks nicely."

"We let him into the library," Draco started to get up. "But the problem is, he's only read the medieval section."

Hermione snorted. "Have fun with that."

"Kind sir, gentle lady, do come on!"

oOo

Hermione's POV

After a rush of activity and fun, Hermione suddenly found herself back on the train, heading to Hogwarts, like every other time. 

Except it was different. 

The trio and Ginny had to figure out how to do the counter-spell to save the Muggles before the Ministry started to kill them all. 

"Draco," Hermione said, setting her things down in an empty compartment. "You do realize that we're not only going to have to make the counter pill, but we're also going to have to sneak it to everyone in time for the effects to take place?"

Harry's eyes widened. "This isn't going to work."

Draco lounged back on his seat. "It should work, as long as we make the pill powerful enough and administer it in time."

"Then we need to know when the Ministry's attacking," Hermione stated. "We should eavesdrop on Umbridge."

Draco and Harry both raised an eyebrow at her. 

"What?" Hermione defended, her cheeks red. "We should."

"Hermione's gone loony," Harry noted. "She would never say that."

"Has someone possessed you?" Draco asked, looking genuinely worried. "Is someone blackmailing you to do this?"

Hermione slapped both of their arms. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Umbridge always patrols during the Welcome Back feast," Draco said, professionally. "If we want to eavesdrop on a private conversation, that's probably the best time." 

"But how do we sneak out of the feast?" Harry asked. "My cloak only fits two."

"You're forgetting," Hermione grinned. "We're Animagi." She popped down into her cat form.