Meet The Gryffindors

Hermione grabbed the banister to steady herself as soon as she let go of Lily's hand .

This was too much. She wasn't strong enough to face it. 

"Well, guess you know me, but I'm James Potter!" James grinned. 

The messy black hair, the glasses, the way he tossed the Snitch up in the air and his smiling face - all of that would soon become tired and haggard, broken from constant fear. 

Next to him, Lily's vibrant hair and sweet smile would one day be wiped away forever with two words. 

Sirius' eyes that would be haunted with untold terrors in a few years. 

Remus' tired face that would face prejudice and hate for years to come. 

And Peter's terrified mousy grin that would be wiped away and replaced with absolute fear. 

Hermione choked out a sob. James and Lily both stepped towards her, evidently concerned. 

 "Excuse me," she whispered, evading Lily's unsure hand. "I just - "She ran into the hospital wing. 

Draco's POV

Wonderful. 

The Gryffindor Mudblood had left him alone with more Gryffindor blood traitors and Mudbloods. 

You are a Gryffindor. 

Oh, Merlin. 

He wasn't ready to think about what the Sorting Hat had told him. How could a Malfoy ever be sorted into that filthy house? 

Instead, he focused on the odd group of a Mudblood, traitor, werewolf, and blood traitors. 

"Oh!" Pot - Evans seemed ready to go after her. "Is she alright?" 

"No!" Draco quickly blocked the doorway. The last thing he needed was for them to run in on her sobbing her eyes out about a few dead 

Evans raised an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips. 

"I meant yes," Draco bit his lip. 

"What happened?" James looked abashed. "Was it me? Was it because I was too out there? Merlin, sorry, mate."

"No," Draco's mind worked furiously. "She's sad about her - "

He cast around for a source. The only thing he could see was Evan and Potter Senior, the 'Golden Couple' that produced the Boy Who Lived. 

" - breakup," Draco stupidly finished. 

Evan's eyes widened. "With who?"

"Weasel," Draco said without thinking. 

Bloody hell. 

Potter Senior shifted awkwardly. Professor Lupin - Remus and Black looked at each other. 

"I mean - " Draco sighed, knowing he'd regret this deeply. "Me."

How utterly disgusting. 

The notion he could be.... dating... a Mudblood was absolutely loathsome. 

Lily squealed. "Oh, you two are together? No, oh, I meant were, oh shoot - " She glanced helplessly around. James shook his head at her.

Draco folded his arms. "Yes."

 For once, the elegant Malfoy talk had abandoned him. 

"What house are you in?" Sirius asked, trying to make it less awkward.