Chapter 1

4 years later

Caitlin's POV

It's been four years. Four years since we made that promise. After we made that promise he went to go work at CCPD and became a forensic scientist. I came to come and work here at S.T.A.R Labs. Life is great right now.

I have a wonderful fiancee, Ronnie, and I work with my best friend. I love my job, Dr. Wells took me under his wing once I graduated. He said he saw great potential in me and knows that I can make it far.

Ronnie proposed to me a month ago. It took me by complete suprise and of course, I said yes. Right now we're planning our honeymoon. Ronnie and I met while we were working on the Particle Accelerator, he is the structural engineer. He likes to joke that he's basically a high priced plumber.

Right now the Particle Accelerator has turned on. Dr.Wells just popped open a bottle of champagne, and it's floating. Wait... WHAT?!

"Come on let's go!!" Cisco told Ronnie while running away.

"Wait NO. You can't go it's too dangerous."

"Cait, I'm the only one that knows how to operate the shut down valve." Ronnie said to me before he kissed me. We've kissed many times before but this one feels different. The saying goodbye forever different.

"Ronnie..... NO! Please, for me." I begged him.

"Cait, I have to go."

And with that he was gone.

I knew it was taking them too long so I decided to run as fast as I could to see if they did it but it was too late.

"Cisco, w-where's Ronnie?" I ask as I see him crying looking at the shut door.

"I-i-" his voice cracks.

"No, no, no, no, no!!!!" I scream. Then the radio goes off. It's Ronnie.

"Cisco! I couldn't stop it." He said as he pauses. "But I did do it to where the blast I'd directed upwards and not it going out." He finishes.

Before I know it I grabbed the walkie talkie out of Cisco's hand.

"R-ronnie?"

"Cait... I want you to know that I will always-"the line went dead.

"RONNIE!!"I screamed, feeling lost and angry at the world knowing that it will never be the same.

*

3 weeks later

"Caitlin, Cisco, we need to get to the hospital because a patient was struck by lightning and keeps going into cardiac arrest as the power goes off in the hospital." Doctor Wells explained.

"Okay. We'll go get the van." I said with no emotion in my voice. When the Particle Accelerator exploded Doctor Wells became paralyzed. Last week...was Ronnie's funeral. There was no body, nothing but the memory of him.

When we got to the hospital the family was waiting there. And I knew them.

"Caitlin?"

*

To be continued
A/N

Okay so I know that chapter was really short but stay with me this is my first book. The updates will be kind of spaced cause I have school...so I'll update as much as I can. Comment if you can and vote! Also comment on the season 5 premier and what you think.

~F