Chapter 17: The Promise -Part 5

MIZUKO'S P.O.V

                    "Nanase-kun, what are we going to do, after your lessons in swimming?"  I asked him and he thought about it.  "I don't know, but can you stay here for a little while?"  He asked me with his sparkly blue eyes.

                    I nodded, "Un, I will."  I smiled lightly.  He jumped into the unsteady clear water called pool.  I had the urge to jump in.   But I feel shy....and..I don't know why...  "Hey, Mizuko-chan!  If you want to jump in, you can!"

                    Hazuki-kun told me.  "E-eh?  Really?"  I was surprised as my eyes widened.  "Yeah you can!"  Hazuki-kun smiled brightly.  "Look, even Haru wants you to jump in, I can tell it from his eyes."  Hazuki-kun whispered to my ear.  

                My ears suddenly became red and I glowed that I even surpassed Hazuki-kun's bright smile.  "Mizuko-chan, what's happening to you, you're red as beet and..and, you're bright like the golden sun!!!  I can't even see you clearly!"

                    Tachibana-kun suddenly came running to me.  "It's so cool~!!!"  Hazuki-kun jumped.  "Oh, my eyes hurt."  I heard the Matsuoka twins from the side, in unison.  But then I stopped glowing and I wasn't red, then I removed 

                   Nanase-kun's jacket that I borrowed, "MY GOD, that girl's throw was fabulous!"  I heard the audience's chatter from the edge of the pool.  I did a nice form before jumping in the pool, "Gambatte, Mizuko-chan!!!"  I hear them cheering for me, "Gambatte, Mizuko-chan."  I heard Nanase-kun's whisper, it echoed into the water's ripple, and it bounced through the pool's walls, then my little ears heard it.  

                    "I will."  I whispered to myself.  

                 I jumped with a strong kick from the floor, as the whistle made a loud sound.  I swam and thrusted my small arms, as the water weakly pierced and touched my skin, I made a fast paddle throughout the whole pool.  The water is my friend.  It will not stop me, it will support me.   As soon, I reached the wall, everyone's jaws was down.  E-eh?  What did I do?  (•ิ_•ิ)?  Nanase-kun reached his hand so I can get out from the water, 

                  "You did a great job."  Nanase-kun told me with a light smile.  

                  I went out of the water, "Hey, Mizuko-chan!!!  I got your time!!"  Hazuki-san came running to me.  "You were just --ohh!!!  0.15 seconds?!!  I guess you're a monster when you're inside the water!!!"  He was surprised.

              "Good job, Mizuko-chan."  Matsuoka-kun grinned.  "I bet you're kick was stronger than mine."  He scratched his head.  "You were good out there, I bet you can go join in a worldwide championship."  Tachibana-kun complimented.

               But I saw Nanase-kun staring deeply at me...  then he got startled, he then looked away.  I tilted my head.

                                 ------------------------------------------------------

                We all went home, but me and Nanase-kun were already left...  "I guess I need to go home too, Nanase-kun."  I told him.  "O-oh....."  "Can I go with you?"  He asked.  "Su-sure!"  I told him then we both walked to the bay.

                "Don't you get lonely?  When you're in the sea alone, by yourself?"  Nanase-kun asked...  I-i didn't ask that question?.........  to myself...  I don't know how I feel being alone in the deep blue sea...  How do I really feel?