Chapter 10: Moonlight

MIZUKO'S P.O.V

            I opened my eyes, it was dark.... It's night time already...?.....  It was calm, the ocean was very calm....  I can't sleep...  Might as well go to the surface.  I swam up and popped out of the water,

            I walked to the soft sand in front of me.  It sank my feet, with some sand sticking to my wet feet and ankles.  "Can't sleep?"  I heard someone from the side, it was Haru.  "You scared me..."  I got surprised when he spoke.  

          "Yeah, I can't sleep.  So I will just sit."  I sat down at the sand.  I patted the sand at my left side, "Come sit down with me."  I requested, he sat down beside me.  We both looked at the moon shining brightly.

        "Beautiful."  I spoke.  My eyes sparkled as I stared at the moon.  "Did something bother you while you were sleeping?"  Haru asked.  I breathed and my heart skipped a beat, "Nothing at all."  I said calmly.

           "Why do you always do that?"  Haru asked me once again, and I opened my eyes.  "Why?  Did I do something wrong?"  I asked him and he nodded, "You don't want to tell your troubles or problems."  Haru looked concerned with his look a little angry.  

         "Why are you even concerned?"  I asked him so shake him from this conversation, he sighed hard.  "Because....  you're my..friend."  Haru spoke.  ........Friend?.....

          I smiled, "Well..if you really thought of me like that, then I'll tell you."  He looked away, with his feet shaking.  Sign of embarassment?  "I don't really like telling troubles to anyone, because I might only be a burden to them."

           I explained, and he looked surprised, "Well, telling problems makes you more happier because they can help you."  Haru explained, "I have my reasons, Haru."  I stopped speaking and the atmosphere was silent.

             I can only hear the waves, I can smell the sea breeze...  I looked at the moon reflecting at the water, I stood up and ju,ped in the ocean, "Wait, Mizuko!"  Haru followed.  I swam until I reached under the ocean,

             Haru reached out for me and I stared at him for quite a while.  

                        HARU'S P.O.V

         I stared at her for a while, she looked familiar....very familiar.  But I forgotten if I met her already...  She struggled her hands, and swam away.  Mizuko...  She swam gracefully wherever she goes.

            It looks like she missed the ocean.  Her own home.  Then she stopped, I swam to her and held her shoulder, she kept staring at the dark side of the ocean.  She was trembling because of fear......

            She then held my hand with a grip, she didn't let me go....  Is this her problem?  Or did this happen always when she was alone deep in her...home.  She grabbed ny hand going at the bay again, she sat down near the coconut tree,  she closed her eyes for some time.  

            I went near to her, she was sleeping peacefully, her breath didn't smell like the sea or any other fishy smell, her mouth smelled like mint, fresh like the summer and cold breeze.  

             "You still staring at me, Haru?"  She talked while she was sleeping.  I guess she can smell me.  Her nose is twitching.  I stood up and walked back but something stopped me,

             Mizuko was holding my hand.  "D-don't leave me..or I'll be lonely."  Those words felt familiar but I can't seem to remember it.  I sat down beside her, but before that, I went back to the tent to get some blankets for me and Mizuko or she will feel cold.  

             I wrapped her around with blankets and she slept peacefully.  

                       MIZUKO'S P.O.V

          I opened my eyes slightly and I was wrapped in blankets, Haru was hugging himself looking cold...  Haru....why do you have to do that?  I tried to give him the blankets but it was really cold.  I can't go back to the ocean because I'm a little scared.  

           I hugged Haru with the blanket's warmth heating him up...  He opened his eyes a little, his eyes was full of mystery and wonder, and his cheeks was covered in a red blush...  "I-I'm here to keep you warm."  I burried my face inside the blanket.  He laughed a little.  

           "Haru?"  I called him by his name, "What?"  He looked at me.  "Can I call you, Haru-chan?"  I blushed.  "I always don't like being called with a -chan on my name...  But I guess you can call me that...  

            "You can call me with a -chan too."  I said to him and he looked away, leaving his face flushed.  I giggled, but soon I slept later.

                           ------------------------------------------------

              I woke up and it was still dawn, I yawned and stood up.  I jumped in the ocean.  I'm still imagining that the moon is still in the sky but I could only see the last light of the moon at the first start of dawn on this new day....

                 Moonlight.......  

Deep Sea Girl (Free Iwatobi Swim Club/Haruka Nanase love story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें