Chapter 25 : Fragment of a Lost Memory

A/N :  Did you miss me?  So anyway, enjoy, I'll continue my note later.

Nanase Residence. Morning. Mizuko's P.O.V 

It was sunny and it was also a weekend, I sat outside, and had a plate full of watermelons at my side.  Eating them at the process minus the seeds, looking at the sky is so painful, the sun is too bright and the light travels everywhere. 

"C R A C K!"  A loud cracking sound came from inside, "Haru-chan!"  My reflexes made me stand up and ran back inside, "Oh!"  Looking at the scene, Haru was lying down, and sweating.  "Wah, what should I do?  Ma-mako-chan!"  I went outside to look for Mako-chan. 

Hospital.  Mizuko's P.O.V

Pressured yet worried at the same time. What happened to Haru?  I was waiting outside his room door, biting my fingernails at the process.  Then the door opened, I didn't react or I didn't speak.  I just waited for the doctor to speak.

"He's alright.  He just fainted.  I guess he can come out later."  "T-thank you." I bowed after he left, I drag myself inside the room, opening the door slowly, taking a peek inside. Haru was in a deep slumber, but something was peculiar around him, wait. That necklace he's holding. 

I approached him slowly, it seems he won't be waking up after a few hours.  I then stared at the necklace, my hand started to get closer to it, as I felt it, I remembered the memories once again.  A sensational feeling that could also make you cry, "What are you doing?" I gasp and fell on the floor when I saw Haru with his eyes wide open. "I was touching your necklace, it was like a tomato. So smooth." He suddenly sat up straight without showing any pain.

"What happened..." I peek at him, he looked, absent-minded all of the sudden. "...to you?" I continue my question. No response whatsoever, it made me feel awkward. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked him again, well, what am I supposed to do? Ask him if he's alright? Of course not.

He didn't respond again, I approach him and looked at his face. When I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes, it felt like he was sleeping with his eyes open. "Haru?" It worried me, and I had a bad feeling about it. "Haru?" I grabbed his shoulders, shaking him like crazy. His body felt light, I let out a small gasp. I almost had a heart attack.

"Makoto!  Nagisa...Gou!  Rei...!  Doctor. Somebody just help Haru!" I panicked and went outside scaring everybody, even the crippled people almost went up from their wheelchair. "What's wrong, Mizuko-san?"  Makoto and the others ran up to me, "Haru-chan isn't responding!"  When I remembered it, he doesn't even blink his eyes. After a few minutes looking at him, he seems to be back to his senses. "Haru, are you back to normal...?,"  Nagisa asked him, and he left us in with a long moment of silence.  It seems I panicked too much, he may be thinking of something. 

"Alright, let us leave Nanase-san for now, he's still recovering from his fall,"  The doctor told to all of us, which made me much more worried.  What will happen to Haru while we're gone... I'm gone...?  "Doctor, can Mizuko stay?,"  he asks suddenly which made me stop immediately.  "Her?,"  the doctor looked at me with confused eyes.  "Sure...  You, do it fast.  And don't do anything weird."  The doctor left us two, alone, in a room.  If you know what I mean...   I'll get to watch Haru-chan asleep! 

"Mizuko..,"  he called out my name and looked at me with a deep gaze.  I felt mesmerized just looking at his deep blue eyes, it reminds me of the deep blue sea when you look out at the sea. Realizing for staring at him for so long, my bare cheeks turned into a light pink blush. "Ye-yes...?" I decided to just listen to Haru, and not to compliment him using my mind and stupid narrations. "Sit..," he ordered. "Where am I supposed to sit?," I asked him, and he just looked at the small space in his bed where the blanket spreads. "Oh..." As I walk to the bed, he just stared at me not saying anything...

After a few steps, I sat down comfortably and pivot my head at his direction, where also he looks back at me silently.  "So..."  I thought about a conversation to lighten up the atmosphere, however, the look on his face didn't change.  "Don't move,"  he goes closer and oh yeah, I can't move alright, 'cause I'm shaking, just seeing him so mysterious at this moment, I do think it's hot.  But it feels wrong.  I had the reflex to move away, "I said don't move,"  he raised his voice startling me a little bit. 

"O-okay...,"  I stopped and just closed my eyes.  Suddenly, I could feel his hot and warm aura just in front if my face, but kinda smells like mackerel.  Then I felt a cold touch around my neck, when I opened my eyes, it was just the necklace Haru was holding a while ago.  "Oh...,"  I felt down all of the sudden, well, it's not like I was also expecting for a...  you know... 

I gulped just thinking about it, but all of the sudden, time felt so slow when I felt Haru's light kiss on my right cheek.  My eyes bulged open, his mouth was still sticked on my cheek, his warm peck made my heartbeats go out of rhythm.  A light smile stretches wide in my face, and the kiss finally stopped there.  I can't gather all of the important things, since I'm blinded by Haru.  He looked at me, and he suddenly giggled, not the sight to see everyday.  "Just look at your face,"  he broke out into a cute chuckle. 

"What?  That's all just for fun?,"  I asked, this guy just does things without any reason.  "You just wasted your kiss.  You know I don't deserve it,"  I rubbed my cheek trying to rub off the "fishy" smell from his mouth, well, it's not going to change anything either, I'm a girl who lived in the sea for years. "That's true. But it's my decision," Haru laid back in his bed with fluffy pillows behind his back. I just pouted together with my wrinkled nose, "You punk...!" I raised my voice but I just remembered, he's a patient for now.

Haru suddenly hit me with a pillow, and it hurts. It hit me right in the nose, I rubbed it with my left hand continuously until Haru takes it away from my face. My eyesight suddenly went a little bit dark, but I could feel. Another kiss from him, his lips to my lips.  Not a rare thing, but his lips feels much more warm. 

He stopped and whispered near my ear, "Do you also...,"  he trailed off leaving me desperate.  "....remember me?," 

Do you remember me? 

Chapter end

Note:  Ayo, I updated after a long hiatus!  Ahahhahahahah!  I love you even though you keep waiting, please keep reading.  And I'm sorry you waited this long with so few words/chapters.  So I guess this book will end soon.  Since we're here.  I started in 2013 I think?  And it's already 2016.  "Dafuque"  The new BBQue.  :3 

Author :  It's not my fault.  I have reasons!  >:D 

......No, it's my fault.  ㅠㅠ