Chapter 5: Tournament?

MIZUKO'S P.O.V

             After taking a bath, I went with the others going to school.  We went to our own rooms, I'm with Haru and Makoto.  We saw Miho-sensei, "Ara Ara~  Good Morning, you four."  She smiled, "Good morning!"

           Nagisa shouted, Makoto giggled, "Good Morning."  He greeted.  "Morning."  Haru said, Eh~  "Morning...."  I said and Miho-sensei laughed.  We all went in going to class, Nagisa went to his own class.

        "Oh yeah, Haru, we're having a pop quiz today in literature, did you study?"  Makoto asked, "No."  Haru said a straight no.  "What do you mean by pop quiz?"  I asked and joined the conversation, and Makoto got surprised, "You need to study, or you'll fail!"  Makoto gave me some heavy objects, "It's called books."  Haru said while pointing.  "So, what do I do?"  I asked while opening the 'book.'

         "Read."  Haru said while looking outside the window.  "So you need to learn the literature of Korea, America, Philippines.....  Wait, it's on the board."  Makoto said......  I tried to read and I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!

        "So you know what to read?"  I didn't listen to Makoto, I shook my head.  "So you................"  He pointed the words and it's all getting jumbled up in my mind, "And.."  Makoto kept talking....

         I don't know what to do!!!!!  > <  Then I heard that the bell rang, the door slid and we saw Miho-sensei, "Okay students, it's time for a test!"  Miho-sensei smiled delightfully, "Good Luck."  Makoto smiled.

         "Ehhh~~"  Then some minutes later, we were already answering the test....  

         TEST PAPER

         1.)  What's the sister of history?  =_=  What is it?

           Literature.....  O_O  I'll just keep on writing Literature, if I have to.  =_=

         2.)  What's the synonym of criticize?  .......................I looked at the criticize word, and some words got jumbled...  (Is this Percy Jackson or something?)  

              Focused analysis  I think I can survive.  >:D

                    ------------------------------

           I answered all the questions...........  Oh yeah, I forgot to out my name, "Okay class, it's about time to give your test papers!!"  Miho-sensei smiled, then we passed it all to her.   After class, we all went to the swimming pool, and we gathered inside the locker room, "What's wrong?"  I asked, "It seems Gou has something to say to us."  Makoto whispered.  

             She was writing something, "What is she doing now?"  I heard Nagisa,  "Maybe tournaments are near since it's summer."  Rei said with an uneasy tone.  Kou finished writing, "So.......this month, you all need to practice for the swimming tournament next next week!!!!"

          Gou shown us the days to practice, "Wait, so what kind of stroke should Mizuko-chan do?"  Nagisa asked.  "Well, let's try!  Mizuko, do you have some swimwear?"  Gou asked me, I shook my head.  

             "I guess I have no choice to let you borrow some swim wear here."  She grabbed a swimwear at the lockers, and it looks small...  I got the swimwear and the boys were still there, "Well?"  Gou said and they went to the swimming pool.

            I went to the changing room, after changing.  "Wow!!  You're so cute, Mizuko-chan!"  Gou said, "Does it look small?"  I asked her, she shook her head, "It fits you."  Gou smiled.  "Go along."  She pushed me lightly to the swimming pool, "I'M READY!!!!"  I shouted and they all looked at me, They weren't speaking, just staring at me...  

          "Kou-chan, they won't start!"  I called Gou, she walked to us, "OKAY, IF YOU KEEP STARING AT MIZUKO'S BODY, WE WILL NOT PROGRESS!!"  Gou shouted and they snapped out, "Okay, let's see."  Makoto said and I jumped to the pool, "Ehh~ Wa-wait, Mizu--"  I already jumped in...............................

           Makoto sighed, Haru was in his own world swimming on his own.  "So, it seems you know how to swim."  I nodded to Makoto.  "What kind of stroke, do you know?"  He asked....  Hmmm... =_=

        "Try backstroke."  Makoto suggested, I was lying on my back in the water, and started synchronizing my arms going to backward.  "Sugoii~  She knows backstroke!"  Nagisa grinned.  "Oh, so you know how to do the backstroke.  Are you sure you want this one?"  Makoto asked.

            "No."  I shook my head, "Well then, how about mine!"  Nagisa jumped in with him in front of me, "So, try doing the breastroke, Mizu-chan!"  

             Breastroke... I perfomed my face down in the water without rotating my torso.  My arms stayed in the water, moving synchronously, that looks like that my arm is extending every time I move it, and my legs doing a whipkick.  While my head dips in and out of the water.  

           "I think she can do any stroke."  I heard Gou's voice, while echoing in the water.  I stopped, "But I don't like this stroke."  "Ehh~  Why?"  Nagisa frowned,

          "No....Ummmm...  How do you put it.....Ahh~  I'm not used to this stroke."  I explained and Nagisa smiled back again, "Alright, next is REIII!!!!!"  Nagisa pointed to Rei, "Me?"  Rei asked and Nagisa nodded.

           "So, you know how to do the butterfly stroke."  Rei was uneasy, I think it's his first time to teach someone.  I did the stroke while performing my face down, and my legs perform a dolphin kick while my arms move in a forward cirlce at the same time, "She's good."  Rei said and I saw Haru's feet, and I stopped.  "So, butterfly stroke?"  Nagisa asked, I shooked my head.  "Then what?"  Rei asked.

        "Freestyle."  I saw Haru stop and go to my front, "Why didn't you say so!  Haru-chan, watch her!!!"  Nagisa shouted.  I got up to the ground and crouched down, like the others do.  "So, Haru and Mizuko will compete?"

       Gou asked.  "Well, it's worth a try."  I heard Makoto.  Then Nagisa whistled, I jumped into the water, and swam with a front crawl, the water was piercing through my skin with no harm at all, and felt the coldness mixed with warmth as I move my arms up and down, with the splashing sound as I did the paddle using my legs.  I touched the wall, with me and Haru neck and neck, I closed my eyes, and swam faster.  

          I gasped for air so I reached the wall.    Nagisa blowed his whistle, "Okay!  Gou did you time it?"  Nagisa asked, Gou nodded.  When Gou looked at the timer, "Eh?!"  

         She got surprised, Makoto, Rei and Nagisa ran to the timer that Gou was holding, "Wow, they were a tie."  Nagisa kept jumping.    "So, it means Mizuko can swim any stroke if there's a tournament?"  Rei asked,

           "Yeah!!  And that's cool!!!"  Nagisa jumped................  I then touched the water, and my hair was still wet, making ripples at the pool.  "Mi-zu-ko."  Haru called me.   "Wh-what?"  I asked him,

         "Deep Sea Girl."  Haru said my nickname........  "That was a good fight........  Nice swimwear though, it fits you." He said while shaking my hand.    "Th-thank you."  I said while looking away making a handshake.  

         "Mizuko, why are you glowing?"  Nagisa saw me glowing, I got all of their attention, I was glowing....I probably embarass myself.   Haru let go of my hand after, "Ehh~  You stopped glowing..."  

           Nagisa pouted.  "Wait Haru-chan, shake hands with Mizuko again."  Makoto said, Haru swam back to me, and held my hand.  "Ehhh!!  She glowed!!!"  Rei got surprised.  Then Haru let go of my hand, and I stopped glowing.  

         "Ne ne~  Haru-chan, say 'I like you' to Mizuko-chan."  Nagisa suggested, and I got embarassed.  "She's glowing and blushing."  Gou shouted.  While I saw Haru had a blush on his cheeks.  Nagisa laughed, I sighed.  At least I'm happy.

          "Oh yeah, I forgot."  I heard Gou murmuring.  "So you only have 2 weeks to practice for the next tournament."  Gou shouted.  "We'll be busy this week."  Nagisa sweat-dropped.......................................

           I went to Makoto getting out of the water, I whispered to him, "Where will I sleep now?"  Then he got worried........  "Haru-chan, you will stay with Mizuko tonight."  Nagisa overheard our conversation.

            =__=  Nagisa.....  "Go ahead."  O__O  Is he serious?  "But can I sleep in the ocean?"  I asked.  "I think that's a bad idea."  Makoto patted my back, I pouted.  =3=  Mou...

                    AFTER CLASSES WE ALL WENT HOME

            I walked home with Makoto and Haru, "So, I'll be here."  Makoto went inside his home, while I was left with Haru.  "Wait....Why is he going in?  And where's Nagisa?"  Haru wondered.  "I'm the only one who will be sleeping in your home."

          I explained...................and he was silent.  "So, let's go."  We went up the stairs and reached Haru's home....................................................................................  I removed my shoes and walked to the dining room,  Haru removed his clothes, and wore an apron.  Hnnghh!  "Today is mackerel again?"  I asked him and Haru nodded.  He went to the kitchen and I heard the sizzle of the frying of fish.  Smells good...

            I went to the kitchen, and I saw a sharp thing called a knife, and onions.  "Can I help you chop?" I asked Haru, "Go ahead."  He was busy frying the mackerel.  I chopped the onions, and I did progress, and after that Haru went to the cabinet where he keeps some salt, when he was going back.

            "Watch out!!!"  Haru shouted, because the knife I was holding fell almost going to my feet.  Haru pinned me down, with the knife at the wall.

             "I'm sorry!  I should pay more attention!"  I apologized to Haru.  I heard the sizzling of the pan, giving the aura, a delicious aroma.  Haru was still at the top of me, "I'm glad that you're alright."  Haru said.

             "It wasn't a big deal."  I said while calming him down, "No it is!  What would have happened if you're hurt!!"  He shouted.  >  <  Gomeee!!!!!  "I'm sorry.."  I apologized again with a shy tone.  Haru sighed........

          "Sorry for shouting....I'm just got a little worried..back there."  He then continued frying the mackerel.  I was in the side, helping him.  "You go prepare the table."  he said and I looked at the plates.

           I prepared the table, with the two bowls, plates and two pairs of chopsticks.  After preparing the table, Haru put the food on the table.  We started eating, "Itadakimasu~~"  He grabbed the chopsticks, "Itt-e."  I heard him.

            "What?"  He asked while eating, "Did you say 'Itte' just now?"  He shook his head, "No."  Then I saw on the palm of his hand, it was bleeding.  The knife scratched Haru's palm, "You're now the one making me worried!"

              I pouted, I grabbed Haru's arm going to the kitchen, "Wash your hands."  I demanded.  "Why do I have to-"  "It will get infected!"  I grabbed his arms gently and turned on the faucet, with the water going to Haru's palm.

            "Itte."  He said, and I grabbed some soap then rubbed it to Haru's palm, after that, I rinsed the bubble foam on his palm.  "Now, how does it feel?"  I asked.  "It's alright."  He looked away, "Well, do you have something to say?"

           ................................."Th-th-thank you."  He blushed and looked away, going to the dining room.  I smiled.  "Wait!"  I followed him, eating dinner with him.

                 CHAPTER END~  Teehee~  <3