Chapter 14: Mizuko's Past -Part 2-

MIZUKO'S P.O.V

            They both invited me in their place, Tachibana-kun's mom let me borrow some of her yukatas.  They said it's for festival...   "You look beautiful!!!"  They all complimented.  "Th-thank you........you look all beautiful."  I answered them back.

       "It should be handsome........ummmm.......  I forgot.........what's your name?"  Tachibana-san's mother asked.  Should I tell my name?   "My name is Itou Mizuko....."  I said my real name.  "Now, now, Mizuko-chan, you go now and have fun with my son and his friends."  Ms. Tachibana pushed me lightly to them.  

         "So you're real name is Itou Mizuko."  Nanase-san asked.  I nodded, "How old are you?"  He asked.  "I'm 12 but I lived 1,500 years at the sea as a baby.."  I explained.

          He stopped walking and I turned around, "A-are you serious?!"  He asked.  I nodded, "We first live 1,500 months in the sea, before we live as much as how the sea lives....  I became a 1 year old later on, because I made a storm at the sea, that's how we age...... the more you make a storm, the more you age.....but we die as soon we become human."  I explained.  

        "So when you made a storm, you age as a 1 year old?  And then when you make more storms you age again?  But  how long is your lifespan?  "  Nanase-kun asked.

       "Why do you need to know?"  I glared at him.  "Now, now, Mizuko-chan, no need to fight with Haru-chan......"  Tachibana-san calmed me down.  I calmed down when he patted me at the back,

       "I-i'm sorry, Nanase-kun....it's all personal."  I apologized.  "I-it's okay, I should be the one apologizing."  He told me.  "Well, we're just the same."  I smirked.  "Look, we're here!!!!!"  Hazuki-san pointed, and we saw lights and bright things.  

      "This is called a Natsu Matsuri."   Tachibana-san explained.  "Oi, try some candy apples!"  Matsuoka-san suggested..  "Yeah!  Candy apples!!"  Hazuki-san said to me.  They all pulled me going in the festival, my eyes sparkled as soon I saw the fishes, "I'll go catch some fishes there."  I pointed.  

                   HARU'S P.O.V

          "I'll go be with Mizuko."  I said to Makoto.  "Sure, meet us back here."  Makoto walked away.  I approached Mizuko at the booth, she was looking at the fish.  "I'll save you fishes!!!"  She jumped in the water, the people were in shock.

          "Go now fishes!  Have your freedom!!"  She shouted.  "Oi, Mizuko!!"  I ran to her and pulled her out of the water.  "What are you doing, Nanase-kun?!  I'm trying to free them!!  >__<"  She struggled.  

          "They are for catching, you can make them their pet.."  I explained and she stopped.  "Pet?"  She asked.  "Were you care for your pet, or you take care of an animal."  I explained to her, and her eyes sparkled.  "Can I have one?"

           She asked.  "U-uh....sure, but put the fishes back first."  I told her ,and she threw the fishes at the water.  "But wait.....how do you catch a fish, Nanase-kun?"  She asked me.  "Oh........"  I got one of some small nets, 

        "You hold it like this with a tight grip and you catch the fish swiftly with a tight grip.....and then...here...I have one goldfish."  I teached her.  "I-i get it!!"  She borrowed my net and grabbed one bowl, "1, 2, 3......"  She counted and she catched two.  "Woah, two?  Are you sure?"  I asked.  She nodded.  Mizuko gave the two fishes to the man and she held them in a plastic full of water.  "What are you going to do with them?"  I asked.

         "They will be my new friends at the sea."  She explained.  I sweatdropped but I was satisfed everytime she talks about water-related things...  

          "Ne, Nanase-kun, do you swim free?"  She asked out of the blue.  "U-uh....How do you know?"  I asked, and she looked away.  "It's nothing, just a coincidence."  She became mysterious all of the sudden.

        "Oi, Nanase-kun!!!!"  Nagisa waved and we saw them.  "We bought food."  Makoto gave us some fried squid.  "Squid!"  Her cheeks became red and chomped it down.  "It's so delicious!!!"  I never saw her smile so bright before, brighter than Nagisa's.  

           "Oh yeah, Mizuko-chan, the candy apples you wanted to try."  Nagisa gave her a candy apple.  Her sapphire blue eyes sparkled, she licked the candy apple.....  "Mmm~  Delicious~!!!"  She jumped.

         "Do you want to have some tempura, Mizuko-san?"  Rin asked her.  "U-uh....what's tempura?"  She asked.  "It's fried shrimp."  Makoto explained.  She tried some and her eyes sparkled again, "More!!!"  She asked for more.

         "E-eh?  Mizuko-chan, what do you eat inside the sea?"  Makoto asked.  "Seaweed.."  She said straight while eating tempura...  

          We enjoyed the festival after eating food then it ended later.

                    MIZUKO'S P.O.V

        The festival ended, and I got nowhere to go, "Mizuko-chan, where are you going to sleep?" Tachibana-kun asked.  "The ocean."  I told Tachibana-kun.  "You should stay here for a little while, Mizuko-chan!"  Hazuki-kun suggested.  

         "Yeah, I'll let you play with Gou tomorrow."  Matsuoka-kun said.  "E-eh?"  I panicked.  "How about Haru's home?"  Tachibana-kun suggested.  "Yeah!  You're parents are there, and your grandmother too."  Matsuoka-kun agreed.

           "How about a sleepover?"  Hazuki-kun suggested.  "Ye-yeah!!  That would be fun!"  Matsuoka-kun smiled.  

                       -------------------------

           "We're home~!!!"  They all shouted except for me.  "Welcome back, Haru-chan...and oh, you're friends are here, here for a sleepover?"  Nanase-kun's grandmother asked.  We all nodded, "And is this your new friend you're talking about?"

            Nanase-kun flinched, "Ye-yeah..."  He blushed.  

          "Well, come in, and i hope you enjoy your sleepover here."  Nanase-kun's grandmother pushed us lightly to our rooms.  

                       ======CHAPTER END=======

                     Next:  Mizuko's Past -Part 3-