15

Rain pours down over the hills, bouncing off the wings of my beast and making Legolas and I soaking wet.

It had taken quite a few hours to get the Ents south. I hope we are not too late. But I have faith that Aragorn and Théoden can hold the keep long enough.

The air is heavy with heat as we come over the rocky mountains and cliffs where sits our fortress.

Morier roars loudly into the watery wind.

My army of trees step over the stones and make their own battle cries as we near Helm's Deep. I can see the massive black army of demons, hollering in the air sickly roars and vicious cries, holding torches like orange stars on the battle field as they swarm the walls of the fortress, ladders thrown up the walls for them to climb into the settlement. I suppose Théoden has had the women and children gather into the caves in the mountains. There was a door to them inside the back of the keep.

It looks like the Uruk-hai have not yet broken into the courtyard. But they cluster around and on the walls and clash with our men, at least fourteen thousand of them, with a new strength in them that is unlike the orc. These are the Uruk-hai. They are bred to destroy with skill the race of men and then perhaps all others.

We climb the air high under the dark clouds, Legolas taking out his bow... My dragon then plummets down towards the fortress with a loud bellow, the wind and rain blowing back on our faces.

We fly down to the enemy and once we are close enough Legolas lets his arrow fire into the army.

I pull the reins and let my beast pick up the Uruk-hai that stands alone on the hill with his spear in the air, the commander it must be. That's cute. Morier flings him to the side of the mountain with a crash and roars again with piercing volume, kicking off the rock and towards the sky. I turn to see my army of trees submerging into the battle field and taking out orcs by the handful, making loud sounds and crashes against rock.

Legolas steers towards the wall and then hands me the reins, getting up on his feet and once we are close enough, leaping onto the wall, knocking back a ladder in the process.

I swoop down and my beast grabs Uruk-hai in groups and knocks them over, killing them with its claws.

We take to the air and from there I see Aragorn. He looks up at me with almost shock but gratitude, just before crying out and charging into battle, plunging his sword into the body of an enemy.

We fly back east and see that the Ents have taken out the Uruk archers, though a few of them have fallen in flames.

But we fly low, spear tops passing us from underneath. He takes a few of them in hand, pulling up some and dropping them on each other. I take my bow out from my back, balancing with just my legs as I notch an arrow and pull pack. I fire into the midst of the army and get Uruk warrior about to make for the ladder.

On the wall I can see Legolas there fighting incredibly as he always does, with swift movement, using his bow and arrows to the point where no orc can touch him.

I can see Gimli as well, hacking and slashing at the enemy with battle cries.

They shout numbers back and forth between each other. Are they really competing for who can get the most kills? Men...

I fire arrow after arrow into the army, hitting one every time and almost getting wet locks of hair in my eyes as they stick to my cheek bone.

But that's when I notice the Uruk's bringing forth huge spheres of metal, two of them. And each one has to have at least two of them carry it, with spikes around the bottom and the sides, looking like a giant grenade almost.