37

when i went back to school, around a week later, i as met by peter. i hadn't seen him in what seemed forever and for the time that i was away, i thought that my little crush for him was gone. but no. as soon as my eyes laid on his, i fell for him all over again. why did he have to do this? why couldn't i just, not like him?

he had a serious look on a face, a mad one it seemed, and although i was slightly frighten, all i could think about was how attractive he looked. he pulled me by the arm into a room and closed the door behind him. i simply sat on a desk near a window as he leaned against a wall, crossing his arms.

"so?" i asked, raising my eyebrow. i was surprised at how calm my voice sounded since deep inside, even my heart.. my lungs were shaking.

"what do you mean so?" he replied with as much sass and with (unlike me) anger, "what the fuck do you mean so? you ignored me for an entire week!"

"and?" i retorted and stood up from where i was sitting. i frowned a little, feeling offended. he was the one that had slept with gen, not me and God knows that i would never, not even in a million years, do that.

"okay, well, why?" he replied and walked closer to me. i scoffed and ran a hand through my hair, "why?! are you really asking me that question right now?"

"well, does it seem like i'm asking something else?" he replied, grabbing a pen from the desk beside us. by now we were only separated from a small, black desk. all i really wanted to do was hug him and kiss him and tell him how much i liked him, but i didn't.

"you know what?" i said, more of a statement than a question. he rose his eyebrow, as if slightly taunting me and i began to walk away, "you should've just broken the fake dating off before you went and slept with gen!"

"and why does me sleeping with gen at all concern you?! we weren't even actually dating!" he said, walking behind me. i was at a loss for words, what was i supposed to say? because i like you?

"you're a real big jerk, you know that?" i shouted at him, mostly out of embarrassment. what was i? insane? why did i even get mad about this? he was right, we weren't even dating, it was all fake.. it was all a game. i slammed the door behind me and walked to lunch, trying to forget about what had just happened.

and then it occurred to me, i could've said that it concerned me because gen would probably tell her friends and i'd be a laughing stock. but no.