10

a week later, peter kavinsky was outside trying to get our attention (lara, christine, and i). we continued to run, deciding to ignore his presence. i had told them about what had happened and we all knew what that meant, he had found interest me and i was going to be his little game for a while until him and gen got back together. of course, they all supported me on my decision to not do it and stay single, probably forever.

"gosh! lara jean!" peter said loudly, making us all turn around to look at him. he looked at all of seriously, mostly at lara and i began to question if what he really wanted was lara jean, not me. in all honesty, id be more than happy with that, but of course lara jean wouldn't feel that way.

"what do you want?" christine replied for lara jean, looking peter in the eyes. peter seemed a little taken aback, probably because most girls didn't speak to him that way. he turned his attention towards me and then began to trail his eyes downwards, looking me up and down. i wasn't sure if it was a judging look or not, but either way it made me feel uncomfortable, "my eyes are up here."

he snapped his eyes towards mine and laughed. gosh, he really did have a cute laugh. he raised his hands up in a joking surrender and said, "sorry sorry." for a moment, i wanted to smile at him, but i forced myself to not do it before it even appeared on my face. he turned his face towards lara jean once he saw that i didn't react to what he said, although he had a slight smirk on his face, "can i talk to you?"

we all looked at him confused and he just looked around him and put on a confused face as well. he raised his eyebrow at christine and i, which made me cross my arms and christine raise her eyebrow, "in private?"

christine and i looked at each other and then turned out attention to lara jean, to see what she had to say. she nodded slightly as i glared slightly at peter and walked away from the two. we went inside of the school, more sweaty than we had imagined and decided to wash up real quick since our next class was in about 30 minutes and we weren't planning on heading back out.

a few minutes later, lara jean came inside of the locker rooms and shook her head violently, "is he insane?!"

"yeah." i replied simply and smiled a little as i fixed up my mascara. i turned to look at her as she grumbled angrily while heading to get washed up, "what happened?"

"he wants me to fake date so that he can get gen back!" lara jean shrieked, making christine and i cringe at the noise, it truly was too harsh for our ears, "does he think im some type of toy that he can use to get something else?"

"lara jean, calm down." christine replied as she laid on one of the benches, tired of all the running. i sat down and put my back on her legs as i looked through my twitter, "just say yes and get it over with? maybe you'll be able to kiss me, imagine how amazing that would be?"

"then why don't you do it?" lara jean snapped at me as she started to dry out her hair a little bit. i looked at her shocked, partly because she snapped and also because she had such a horrible idea.

"no way in hell." i replied standing up, "id rather spend a night with donald trump ... actually no. i'd fake date peter instead."

"alright thanks." lara jean mumbled and i turned to look at her typing quickly on her phone. i walked up to her to see the name p_kavinsky displayed on her screen, "what are you doing?"

"what?" lara jean answered sweetly as she hugged me from the side, i sent a death glare instead and she sighed, "i told him that you'd do it instead and sent him a video saying that you'd fake date him. and he believed it. im sorry, but please? for me?"

i sighed and shook my head, "no way!"

christine stood up from where she was laying and walked up to us, "come on, you'll kiss him."

"just because he's attractive, it doesn't mean that im willing to fake date him." i replied with a frown on my face, "im sorry lara, i love you and all, but no way in hell am i going to fake date him."

"so you're sayin that you'd rather have me, an innocent girl play as peter kavinsky's girlfriend?" lara jean asked, "thats not even believable."

"people would believe if you two started dating." christine added in as i glared at her, was she really supporting lara jean right now? this isn't even my problem, it's hers. i shouldn't take responsibility for it.

"im not doing it and that's the end of it." i replied and walked out of the locker rooms just as the bell rang. i started walking down the hall feeling slightly guilty for not helping lara jean out, but it wasn't my responsibility and it was wrong of her to lie to him like that, especially without my permission.

"hey baby." i heard someone say and i turned around to see peter, right there in front of him. if i didn't know about what was really going on, i would feel special but that wasn't the case. i didn't want this and im sure as hell that he didn't either.

"what do you want?" i grumbled as people around us started to stop and stare. the smart and weird girl with the popular peter kavinsky? this was more than i could handle.

"what do you mean?" he asked, wrapping his arms around my waist in a swift mood, "im sorry, if you don't want me to like do this again i won't, but we need to make this believable."

i put my arms around his neck and whispered into his ear harshly, "we're not fake dating." i let go of him quickly and rather hard. i smiled at him a little and made him let go of my waist. he was at a lost for words and just stared at me, surprised that i had turned him down.

"since when have you two been dating?" i heard from behind me and turned around to see gen with a mean look on her face, "and what's that you're wearing? it makes you look fat."

in that moment, i felt my blood start to boil and glared at her. what did she know about fashion? all she wore were chokers and ugg boots? she was more basic than the color white. and so i looked at her and turned to look at peter with a pleading look in his eyes, my brain started to battle with itself. should i snap back at gen and make it seem like peter and i are dating or should i just walk away and leave peter looking like an idiot and gen winning. the only thing that really mattered to me was the fact that if i just walked away, gen would win. everything.

"it's none of your business." i said, and turned around to kiss peter's cheek, "bye, baby."

i felt myself want to die and i really regretted everything that i had done at that exact moment, but seeing gen's face seemed to make up for it. i know it was rude, but if i could make gen get a taste of her own medicine, this whole fake dating would be worth it.

"bye babe." peter said softly with a smile on his face as he began to walk in the opposite direction. today was something that i didn't want or need in my life and it was all lara jean's love letters fault.