14

( messages between peter & astrid💓 )

peter
meet me outside

astrid💓
wha- why

peter
just come

"what do you want?" i asked walking outside into the rather chilly night. i crossed my arms, trying to get a bit warmed up as i looked up at him.

"woah woah woah, im sorry?" he said, backing up in a jokingly defense way. i smiled a little at him as i turned around to see my younger sister, allison, staring at us through the window. i glared at her and she smiled shyly as she closed the blinds and walked away.

i turned back around to see peter smiling wider at me, "is that your sister?"

"yeah." i replied dryly and began to rock on my feet impatiently, "soo?"

"oh yeah." he said, as if he had forgotten why he had come here in the first place. he rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged, "I don't know. i just thought we should get to know each other since we're going to be fake dating. we might as well know things about each other."

he raised my eyebrow at him and laughed, "are you kidding me? we hung out like 2 days ago!"

"yeah but we didn't really talk. we literally went and ate and took pictures to post to make gen jealous and that's about it." he replied defiantly, a serious look on his face now.

"okay, well sorry." i replied as i rolled my eyes, "look we can go get something and discuss the rules. does that seem fine to you?"

he smiled at me a little and looked at me expectantly, wanting me to add on to what i had said, but i didn't so he sighed, "fine."

"okay." i said simply and began to walk away. he stood frozen behind me and looked at me confusedly, "what are you doing?"

i turned back around to look at him and smiled slightly, "to get changed. you don't expect to go with my pajamas right?"

he didn't say anything and i laughed, shooting him an annoyed look, "come on."

he walked up to me and grabbed my hand, the warmth of his hand traveling up my body and warming me up. i stares at our hands for a split second, the feeling of someone's hand around mine making me feel weird and out of place. he led me to his car and opened the door for me, "thank you." i said quietly as i got in and he closed the door.

he stopped in front of a mcdonalds. he got out of the car and ran around the car to open the door for me, but i had already opened it. he glared at me and i just laughed, "i can open a door, you know?"

"i was just trying to be nice."  he replied as we walked side by side into the small fast food restaurant. he tried to grab my hand in his, but i took it away. i didn't want to get comfortable around him when i knew that in just a few days he would be back with gen.

we ordered and then walked to a table on the far end of the building. we sat down on opposite sides and let the small chatter of an old couple fill the air. i was looking down at my hands the whole time as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. i then felt a pair of eyes on me and i looked up to see peter looking at me, for some reason at this moment all that flooded my mind was that he truly was beautiful. he smiled at me and i smiled back automatically, but once i realized that i was smiling because he was such a handsome man i stopped and looked around, "so?"

"okay, well what do you want to talk about?" he asked me and i looked back at him, "i don't know? the rules?"

he sighed and shook his head, "can we do that later? i just want to get to know you."

"why?" i asked as i rested my elbow on the table and my head upon the palm of my hand, "im really not that interesting."

"well how can i know if you're interesting or not if you haven't told me anything yet?" he asked, smiling at me. he raised his eyebrow and we then heard the employee call out our order number, "ill go get it."

i sat there in silence, wanting to be home right now. i didn't feel comfortable around him and i didn't want to. i didn't want to get to know him because i know that with that beautiful smile of his, i would eventually fall for him. and then i'd be left hanging as he made out with gen.

he came back with out food and we began to eat silently for a couple of minutes, "so what's your favorite color?"

"white." i replied simply and continued to eat, "white isn't even a color, it's a shade."

"but that's just your opinion." i replied as i looked up and raised an eyebrow, he mimicked my face and replied in a girly voice, "but that's just your opinion."

i laughed at him and looked back down at my food, "what's yours?"

"blue." he replied as he stared at me, "you're so basic."

he smiled at me, which made me smile, "favorite sport?"

i looked at me and smiled, "you'd expect me to say lacrosse, huh?" he laughed and nodded, "it is the best sport."

"well, you're wrong." i replied and took a sip of my water, "it's actually soccer."

"oh come on!" he laughed and shook his head, "you must be living under a rock. soccer is so... boring."

i glared at me and shook my head, "are we talking about the same sport right now?" i paused to glare at him, "you must be talking about lacrosse, is that the name of it? gosh, i don't even know anymore. that's how irrelevant it is."

"this isn't going to work." he replied jokingly and took a bite of his burger. i laughed and smiled at him as i placed my mouth on the straw to take a sip of water, "you're right."