30

i was at school, as usual, eating lunch with peter and his friends. his arms were wrapped tightly around me as he placed light kisses on my neck, trying to make gen jealous. in reality, i think he was making me jealous. why couldn't he just hug me or pinch my cheeks just for me, not to make someone else jealous. i Hayes myself for having liked him, maybe not falling in love with him, but thinking that he was the most perfect guy in the world.

i smiled up at him and kissed his cheek lightly, going along with the act, but mostly just trying to remember the feeling of his cheek against mine. i knew that he was going to date gen again, i could see it in his eyes. he kept looking at her, with extremely longing eyes. and i could see gen looking at him too. a part of me knew that they were talking again, but he didn't want to tell me.

"so, you and gen, huh?" I muttered over to him, with a smile that i hoped was convincing. a smile that i hope he'd take as an "i don't care".

"what about us?" he asked back as he played with my left hand, massaging my fingers. i leaned my head on his shoulder and smile, "im dumb, i see how you guys are looking at each other."

"we always look at each other." he replied, slightly offended. he kissed me softly and i smiled into the kiss, a genuine smile. i was falling way too hard for him.

"but not like this. you know, you can tell me." i said and wrapped my hand around his and staring at our intertwined hands. he sighed and sat up right, breaking our hands apart.

"i- i don't know. we've been talking more and she seemed very desperate to get back with me since that college dude just broke up with him." he said as he ran his hand in his hair, making it messier than before. i smiled at him and fixed up his hair a little bit, "we can break it off."

"but-" he began to say, but i cut him off, "dude, we've been doing this for way too long. it's been around 3 months and gen already wants you back, there's no reason why we should keep doing this anymore."

he just looked at me dead in the eye, without saying a single word. he stood up and i looked at him confused, "where are you going?"

he looked at me and smiled softly, "i'll text you later." and with that he walked away, leaving me all alone in the lunch room.