Chapter 9

I wake up from one of the best nights of sleep I think I can ever remember having since we got the band back together. I check the time on my phone on the nightstand;

08:11

''Great'' I mutter to myself.

''That's me not getting any more sleep this morning so...''

It's strange waking up, but what an amazing sleep. For as long as I can remember, since we got the band back together, even as a four-piece back in 2005, we have been on the go so much that I forgot the last time I gave myself the morning off. I was always getting up early in the mornings. Even the days that I had free from tours or promo or days in the studio. I was always doing something; writing songs, training, something. I had to fill up my free time. I couldn't afford to lie in as I thought that it was such a waste of valuable time. I always had to be doing something with my time. I even took up playing football with Markie every second Sunday, but I was never the football type when I was a boy so I used to just stand in goal for Mark as he practiced his shooting skills.

What was strange about it? It was strange because I woke up alone. On my own. I woke up alone and on my own in this big spacious double bed in this luxurious 5-star hotel here in London, after having the most amazing night with the man I kissed for the first time. The man that I have feelings for. Feelings that I only realized I had last night when he kissed me and then ended up at my bedroom door. Has he really just kissed me, confessed that he loves me, hear me say the same, spend the night with me and then just simply fuck off? Has he just gone and made an absolute show of me on the last night of the Great Britain and Ireland leg of the tour? Really?

Feeling a sudden outburst of rage course through my veins, I jump out of the bed, leaving the duvet fall to the floor in a pool around my feet. Not even bothering about the fact that the curtains covering the double door balcony windows aren't closed and that I am naked, I close my eyes, clench my fists and let an almighty roar escape lungs;

''Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. Fucking stupid idiot, Barlow! Stupid, stupid, stupid!'' I breathe out as I try to catch and regain my breath after my sudden, and a bit too loud, outburst.

Storming around the room, I try and find things to occupy myself with just to keep my mind off of the hurt that courses through me at this very moment. I throw my clothes from last night and head straight out the door back to my own room. I get back to my room in a fash and immediately get busy with the most random tasks imaginable. I make the bed - even though it wasn't even slept in last night - just so it takes up some of the time in the morning. I soon run out of things to do so I decide that I only have one thing left to do; go for a quick run around the corner in Hyde Park.

I root through my gym bag and pull out a blue sleeveless skin-tight running top, my black running shorts and my running shoes. Getting dressed in a flash, I grab my sunglasses along with my room key and fly out the door, almost knocking a cleaning lady to the floor as I do so.

''Oh, I'm so sorry. I beg your pardon'' I say to the woman who appears to be a few years younger than I am.

''Oh, no worries, dear. Accidents happen'' and with that, she takes a grip of her trolley and whistles her way down the corridor to the next room.

Placing my 'Do Not Disturb' sign on my room door handle, I close the door and speed off to the elevator.

*****

As I walk back in through the doors of The Landmark Hotel here in central London and I collect my room key from the cute girl at reception, I bounce along to the elevators to the right of the main lobby here in the hotel. Just as I get to the hotel lifts, I hear my name being called from behind me in the middle of the lobby.

''Gary? Gaz, mate. Hold that lift!'' I hear the voice, the one voice that can make me smile a little bit every day, no matter how foul of a mood I find myself to be in.

Spinning on my heel as a smile uncontrollably breaks out across my stubble covered cheeks.

''Hiya Markie. How are you, mate?'' I say to him as I wrap my free arm around his shoulders as he carries a cup of coffee and a sandwich from the hotel bar, presumably for his breakfast.

''Morning, mate. You're up early. Out for a run, were you?'' he asks as he takes a sip of his coffee.

The smell of his breakfast bagel makes my tummy rumble slightly which catches Mark's attention.

''Slightly peckish there, eh?'' he chuckles at me as the door to the lift opens widely before us.

''Sorry, mate. Didn't get to grab anything before my run. I could eat a small horse now!''

I chuckle out at him as the door of the lift swings open to our corridor on the top floor of the hotel.

''Listen, mate. I'm going to go and grab a quick shower and then order something up to the room to eat. I'll chat to yeah later at lunch yeah? 1.30 in the restaurant, isn't it?'' I say to him as I take off down to my room on the right and he sets off down the left-hand side towards his.

''That's it, mate. See you then'' he calls after me. 

Unlocking my room, I throw my room key on the coffee table beside my TV in the hotel room. Plonking down on the bed at the bottom, I slide off my Nike running shoes along with my black ankle socks. Sliding my shorts down my legs, followed by peeling my sleeveless running top away from my wet and sweaty torso, I am now left in my black CK briefs - attractive, I know.

Just as I'm about to stroll over to the en-suite and grab a shower, there is a sudden knock on my bedroom door. Knowing that it normally wouldn't be any of the lads, I decide to answer it. Grabbing a towel from the end of the bed, I carelessly throw it around my shoulders as I don't really care at this point if anyone sees me in my briefs if I'm honest. I pull open the door and my jaw immediately bounces off the floor and appears to be stuck to the ground as I am literally catching flies right now.

Standing there before me, is a man who carries a tray, laid out with the most deliciously looking breakfast anymore could ever ask to be brought to them. Why is my mouth open still? Because the man standing before is Robbie Williams.

''Morning!''

"Oh, fuck! What do I say now?"