6. Being a Nerd Doesn't Count

Pic of Nico above.
"Why?" I rolled my eyes opening the door. Thalia and Piper barged inside my door with bags and a box of pizza.

"Hi?" Piper grinned sheepishly at me. I sighed in frustration.

"What are you two doing in here?" I asked closing the door behind them. I sat on the arm of the chair as Piper and Thalia set down their bags on my sofa. Thalia went in my kitchen and brought out plates and cups.

"We are helping you out. Tonight is your night." Thalia grinned at me. I frowned.

"How?"

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Because you're going to the dance, stupid."

Ignoring the fact that I had been insulted I replied, "I don't want to go."

Piper smacked my arm. "You're going." She ordered. I knew something like this would occur. As much as I didn't want to go, there was that small portion that was grateful to Thalia and Piper for dragging me with them. But the other half was worried about the consequences of going. And I really didn't want to meet those consequences.

"Plus, of course Piper wants to go even more since my brother asked her earlier over the phone." Piper looked at me with a lovesick smile.

"I had no idea. I was planning to go alone!"

"Really?" I asked, happy for her. I wonder if that was how I would look if I was asked out by Percy, or S.A., or any hot guy at all.

"Yeah. I saw him on the phone when he asked her. The boy was sweating buckets from nervousness." Thalia whispered. "But don't let her know, that'll make her even more nervous and excited." I nodded and pretended to zip my lips shut.

Thalia immediately dug into her slice of pepperoni pizza. She sat Indian style on my island counter. I took a slice and bit into it. "What do you two even expect me to get out of this?"

Thalia snorted. "A life?" I stuck my tongue at her and smacked her arm. Piper laughed. I scoffed.

"I have a life." I disagreed. Sure, my life may have consisted of getting good grades, studying, and working on Daedalus, but it was still in fact, a life.

"Being a nerd doesn't count." Piper called out. Ouch. I actually couldn't hide the hurt. That was just way to hurtful. I wasn't a nerd. And I'm not going to compare myself to the fake stereotype either. I didn't expect my lifestyle to size me up as a nerd. Thalia and Piper had called me a nerd countless amount of times, but this time it etched its way inside my brain.

Since when were they like that? They were the ones who appreciated being different in anyway. They cheered for nerds and people that were outcasted, because they used to be outcasts themselves. I had this feeling that if it weren't for me, they would be higher in the hierarchy of popularity. I was holding them back and I knew they often recognized that fact behind my back.

I want to prove them wrong. There's more to my life than being a "nerd" and I don't appreciate someone else telling me who they assume I am. Friend or enemy. There's more to me than that and I don't think Piper and Thalia ever took time to consider that. Maybe, they were just as blind as everyone else.

"Fine, I'll go." I declared hoarsely.

"Yes!" Piper squealed.

"But, what do I wear? Who will watch the twins? What if Helen finds out I was gone?" Piper smirked mischievously.

"Don't worry, we got that covered."

About an hour later, I was in my bedroom in the attic. Thalia and Piper were doing my hair and make-up. Piper was looking through my closets after I tried on one of her extra dresses. It was slightly loose. Piper claimed that it was one of her mom's old prom dresses, and I knew why it didn't fit. Piper's mom was more busty than I was in her chest and behind. I was slim and more petite but not curve-less.

I'm No Cinderellaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें