11. I Just Died And Went to Elysium

Pic of Annabeth's date outfit. I hope that is a good combo!
I opened my mother's box. Inside it was her jewelry, the one's she wore on a daily basis. I stared at the mahogany box with her signature carved on the top. My mother wrote in cursive like I did, in an elegant old style.

I liked to look at her jewelry whenever I needed to please close to her; Whenever I needed motherly advice the most. I let her beads and pearls slide between my fingers, and I dropped it gently back into the box. My favorite beside the owl earrings was a gold necklace with her and dad's college rings on them.

Mom graduated from Stanford, and that's where I want to go. I already sent in an application and I'm just waiting for it to come in. The only downside with going to Stanford was that it was all the way in California. Did I want to pack up everything and move there?

I put the note from S.A. into the lid of the box. I held it with the tips of my fingers as if were to explode in sixty seconds. I heard my doorbell ring and I quickly closed the box.

I stood up and reviewed my outfit. I was wearing something different than I usually did. I wore a flowery strapped sundress, with red toms to match and a white cardigan. My hair was free from its ponytail once again and the loose curls fell down my back, my hair in a center part. I had a red tiny satchel that held my wallet, phone, and keys.

I wore no makeup besides lip gloss. I painted my nails a pretty cotton candy color earlier. I stepped out my room door, butterflies filling my stomach.

It was four o'clock. Oh gods, I hope this date goes well. I don't want Percy to think I'm even more of a loser than I am at school. That would be mortifying!

I didn't tell Piper or Thalia about this date. I'm worried Thalia would react the same way she did when I told her about Jack and Percy. I don't want her to call me a slut. I don't know what Thalia's deal is anymore.

I headed down the stairs. My brothers were being taken out by my dad to Chucky Cheese. He insisted I come too, but I immediately vetoed the idea. He knows I have the date Percy, but he didn't say a word about it at all. Not at dinner, or in the morning. I felt like it was the calm before the storm, but yet again, what would my dad be pissed about? He wasn't a traditional dad, you could tell by how the day before that he was glad I escaped the unnecessary Birds and the Bee's conversation.

Helen was home and I'm not going to bother to let her know where I'm going. She doesn't need all the details.

"I'm leaving!" I shouted and opened the door before she could respond. Percy was standing in front of my door waiting patiently. He was so handsome. He looked like he attempted to comb his hair and gave up, because it looked less messy than it usual was. He was wearing a red and black plaid button down and black jeans with black vans. We didn't match like I hoped we would, but he looked good anyway.

"Hey," He rubbed the back of his neck. I smiled. He was adorable.

"Hey yourself." Percy stared at me. Did I do something wrong? Should I have replied with just a 'hey'? Is my dress slanted? I made sure to iron it. Is my hair sticking up? I didn't do anything special to it, I just washed it and let it air dry. Maybe he doesn't like my curls. Did I look better as Athena at the dance? Should I have put make-up on? Should I have straightened my hair?

"Why are you staring at me?" I blurted my thoughts out. Percy blinked at me a couple of times. His raven eyelashes were beautiful reminding me of spider legs. Ew, I can't stand spiders.

"Oh, sorry, I just, you're pretty." He stuttered. I blushed. He thinks I'm pretty. Screw make-up and straightened hair!

"Thanks." I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from squealing.