Chapter 14

Neil!!!!

Neil: It'll hurt a little. But just let me massage it. You'll definitely feel better.

Avni: No...
She said in a quivering voice. Her cheeks were all wet. She was clearly not immune to pain, even if its a little.

He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears using his thumbs.

Neil: Fine. But stop crying. I'll give you some painkillers.

Avni nodded wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand just like a 5 year old kiddo would.

He gave her the medicines and patted her forehead continuously until she slept.

Neil: Paagal ladki.. Sometimes she'll act bold altogether and sometimes like a small baby.

He kissed her hand and caressed her hair.

Neil: Chalo, let's get to work. Wifey ko lunch mein poha khilate hain.

With that he opened his phone and took out the recipe to make poha. In a short time, he collected all the ingredients.

He started reading the recipe.

1. Wash the poha.
This is easy!

2. Add oil to a pan and put some mustard seeds in it.
But why are they jumping.

3. Add finely chopped onion.
God! These onions have made me cry and this my revenge. I'll fry them in this hot oil. These onions must have thought that they can get away with Neil Khanna.😎

4. Add curry leaves and roasted peanuts.
Done!

5. Add the spices mentioned in the ingredient list.
Now what does this "namak swaad anusar" means, 1 spoon or 2.😕

6. Add poha and lime juice....
Does poha has some hangover that it needs lime juice?

Finally after a lot of blabbering, he made poha. He turned around to see Avni all awake sitting on the bed, her mouth covered with her hand.

Neil panicked.

Neil: What happened Avni? You want to puke? Shall I take you to the washroom?

Avni who was controlling herself till then burst out laughing. She clutched her stomach and laughed with tears flowing down her eyes.

Neil looked at her all confused.
Avni noticed his expressions and calmed down.

Avni: What were you doing?.....Taking revenge from onions?.....Because they made you cry,seriously?
She said laughing in between..

Neil made a cute sad pout.

Neil: That's not fair.
He said and looked away.

Avni pulled his cheeks as she couldn't resist his cuteness.

Avni: Why are you shoo cuteee!!!

Neil: Avni! I've told you so many times not to pull my cheeks and I'm not cute but hot!

Avni raised and eyebrow at this.

Avni: Really?

Neil: Really... Waise, I've made poha for you. Will you taste it?

Avni: Yes!
She said excitedly clapping her hands.
Another childish stunt of her.

Neil brought a plate of poha and fed her with his own hands.

Avni closed her eyes and moaned.

Avni: This is so tasty. I love it! Will you make it for me again?

Neil: I'd love to, jaan.

Avni smiled widely at this and opened her mouth wide indicating Neil to feed her.

He fed her lovingly.
He got up to keep the plate in the sink when Avni called him from behind. He turned around.

Avni: I love you!

Neil: Me too...

#########################

VOTE AND COMMENT...