Chapter 2

Neil's cabin

Neil: So Avni, we know you're desperate to go home and meet your family. But the contact number which we have is incorrect. Some formalities are pending. You can only leave after your family personally takes you from here.

Avni: Why can't  I go on my own?
She asked with her eyes pleading him to let her go.

Neil: Look Avni, main jaanta hoon ye sab tumhare liye aasaan nhi hai. You want to go home and be with your family but safety reasons ki wajah se we can't let you go alone.

A lone tear escaped her eyes. He noticed it and said,

Neil: But we can definitely drop you home and complete the formalities there.
He said smiling warmly at her.

She smiled with glistened eyes and mouthed a Thankyou to him. He nodded smiling.

Neil: But before that happens, you have to eat something. You look really pale and weak. Moreover, I don't think your family would be happy to see you like this.
( he said the last line to lighten the atmosphere)

Her smile grew a bit wider.

Avni: Aap bohot achche hain. Warna aaj kal koi kissi ke baare mein itna kahan sochta hai.

Neil: It's my duty.

Then DD enters the cabin with a plate of poha in his hand. He kept it on table and left.

Avni looks at the plate of poha and smiles widely.
Avni: Pohaa...
She squeals.

Neil smiled seeing her innocence.

Neil: looks like its your favourite.

Avni nodded like a child since her mouth was filled with poha.
He was happy to see this child-like side of hers which was hidden under the fear of what all happened with her in the past 2 days.

Finally she finished her lunch. They move out of his cabin.
DD follows them and then notices that the tire of the police jeep is punctured.

DD: Sir, aap mujhe 10 minute dijiye. Main abhi tire badal deta hoon.

The smile on Avni's face vanished on hearing that it'll take another 10 minutes.
Neil noticed it and said,

Neil: Its OK DD. You change the tire. I'll drop her in my car.

He looked at her and pointed towards his car. She smiled slightly and sat inside.

Neil took his important files from DD as he was planning to go home directly after dropping Avni safely.

He sat inside the car and started their journey.
The journey was a silent one but there was an unknown comfort in this silence. Soon this silence was broken by Avni.

Avni: Ummm... Main aapse kuch poochoon?

Neil: Ofcourse, go ahead.

Avni: Aapki aankhon mein ek alag sa dard hai. Jaise  ki aap sukoon ki talash mein ghoom rahe hain par chah kar bhi aapke dil ko sukoon nhi mil raha.

Neil was taken aback. The girl sitting besides him, who he had hardly known for  2 hours, had decoded his suppressed feelings.
He was too deep drown in his thoughts that he did not reply anything.

Avni: I'm sorry...mujhe ye sab nahi bolna chahiye tha.
She said meekly.

Neil: Don't be sorry. In fact, I was thinking ki itne kam samay mein tum mujhe itna kaise jaan gyi.

Avni: A broken mans eyes are a telltale of his sufferings. Aap ko dekh ke koi nahi keh sakta ki aap khush nahi hain. Par aapki aankhein, inmein  chupa dard sab keh jaata hai.

He tried not to cry his heart out to a stranger but he felt too comfortable in her company.

Neil: Jab life mein khushi ki koi wajah hi na ho to ek jhooti khushi le kar ghoomna padta hai. Asli khushi kya hoti hai ye to mujhe yaad hi nhi.
He said in a cracked voice.

Avni carefully placed her hand on his which was kept on the gear- stick.

She looked at him and said,
Avni: Agar khushi nahi hai to usse dhoondne ki koshish karo. I know ek din aapke chehre par hi nahi aapki aankhon se bhi aapki khushi jhalkegi.

He smiled looking at her and stopped the car. He removed his seatbelt and turned slightly to look at her properly. Her eyes still fixated on him.

Neil: Meri khushi ka to pata nahi par tumhari khushi tumhe abhi milne waali hai.
(He pointed outside), tumhara ghar.

She looked outside and smiled widely. Her happiness knew no bounds. She was back after 2 days of being kidnapped. Only she knew how she felt at the thought of not being to meet her family again.

################################

Here is another chapter.

VOTE AND COMMENT....

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊