Chapter 9

Avni was done cleaning and arranging their new home. She looked around satisfied.

Avni: Finally! Everything's done. Now I'll go and bath. Its almost night and I've been cleaning up everything. Neil also must be coming back from police station.

She quickly went into the washroom.

.....

The doorbell rang. Avni opened the door smiling widely. Whereas Neil had shocked expressions. He pushed Avni inside making sure no one saw her. He bolted the door and looked back at her.

Neil: Are you planning to give me a heart attack?

Avni: What?

Neil: First that kiss in the morning and now you are wearing my T-shirt and shorts. Why did you open the door like this? What if someone saw you?

Avni: Neil calm down. I didn't have anything comfortable to wear to bed. Plus, the kiss in the morning was necessary. Else you would have kept on blabbering all the bad things about yourself.
Waise, did you not like the kiss?
She asked the last line teasingly.

Neil: I thought that you're a quite and shy girl. But I was wrong.

Avni: I am a quite one. But I need to talk to someone no. And you're the only one. Plus, what's the need to be shy? You're my husband .
She said innocently.

Neil: I'll go freshen up. Then we'll have dinner. OK.
Avni nodded.

........

Neil came out of the washroom and sat on the chattai(mat) on which the food was laid.

Neil: The food is so tasty. You're such a good cook Avni.
Avni smiled a bit.

Neil: What happened?

Avni: Nothing just a little tired. I cleaned the whole room today and now my back is aching as hell.

Neil: Don't worry. After dinner I'll give back a bit of massage. And you'll not say no.
Avni nodded.

They finished their food. Neil washed the dishes. Avni told him not to do so as she'll manage but he was too adamant. She finally agreed after listening that how guilty he felt of not being able to set up their new room-house, as he called it.

After washing the dishes, he asked her to lay down straight on her chest. She did so. He gave a light massage to her back, moving his hands up and down her back. But she felt ticklish. She was finding it difficult to control herself. His hands were doing a magic. He felt her body stiffen under his touch.
He smirked looking at her condition. He very well knew what effect he had on her at the moment.

He stopped after a while.

Neil: Its done.
He started moving towards the chattai(mat) in order to sleep on it.
Avni turned and held his hand.

Avni: Where are you going?

Neil: To sleep.

Avni: You'll not sleep on the floor when there is a bed.

Neil: But its  a single bed. How will we both sleep on it?

Avni: We'll adjust. Just come.
She made space for him to sleep.

Neil laid down besides her. He switched off the lights. After a silence of about 5 minutes, he spoke

Neil: Avni ..

Avni: hmmm...

Neil: Good night!

Avni: Good night!

##################

Vote and comment....