Chapter 3

Neil saw Avni and could tell that she was happy and emotional at the same time for something which he never had, A FAMILY.
But he was very happy that he could make other families happy and complete unlike his.

Avni: Thankyou. Main aapko bata nahi sakti ki aapne mujhe kitni badi khushi di hai.

Neil: To phir apni khushi se zyada der tak door mat raho. Chalo andar chaltein hain.

They both got off the car and started walking towards her house.

Avni excitedly rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, a lady opened the door.

Avni: Maa!!!
She said happily and moved forward to hug her.

Sulakshna ( mom): Wahin ruk jao.
She said angrily.

Avni was shocked seeing her behavior and Neil wondered what was up with her mother.

Sulakshna: Mere ghar mein kadam bhi mat rakhna. Mujhe apne ghar mein koi gandagi nahi chahiye.

Tears made their way down Avni's cheeks.

Avni: Maa, aap aisa kyun keh rahi ho?
She asked in a cracked voice.

Sulakshna: To Aur kya kahun? Do din ke liye gayab thi tum. Na jaane un logon ne tumhare saath kya kiya hoga, tumhe kitni baar Aur pata nahi kahan kahan chua(touch)  hoga.
(She said with disgust.)
Ab tum ashudh ho chuki ho.Tum sirf ek bojh bankar reh jaogi mujhpar.

Avni: Maa....aisa..k.k..kuch nahi hua mere saath.

Sulakshna: Main vo sab nahi jaanti. Samaj aur duniya to yahi sochegi. Tumse to koi shadi bhi nahi karega.

Neil was watching all this drama silently till now. He glanced at Avni who had started crying bitterly now. She had no strength to fight anymore, she was broken.
He had to intervene.

Neil: Suniye Aunty. Aap jaisa soch rahi hain waisa kuch nahi hua Avni ke sath. Ye sirf ek kidnapping case tha, that's it.

Sulakshna: Aap kaun?

Neil: IPS Neil Khanna.

Sulakshna: Aap bade officer hain isliye ye sab keh rahe hain. Samaj isse nahi apnayega.

Neil: Kya samaj aapki beti se badhkar hai aapke liye?

Sulakshna: Haan. Aur pura mohalla kya sochega? Ki pehle do din gayab rahi phir ek paraye mard ke saath ghar laut aayi. Chee!!!

Sulakshna's words had completely shattered Avni now. She  fell down on the floor and started sobbing loudly.

Sulakshna: Ab ro kar kya hoga? Koi tujhe nahi apnane waala. Koi tera haath nahi thamega. Tu is layak hi nahi rahi ki koi tujhe pyar kare, tujhse shadi kare. Samjhi.
Her mother yelled.

It was limit of Neil's patience.
Neil: Can you just stop blaming your daughter for something she's not done.
He yelled angrily.

Sulakshna: So you only tell, what should I do? Who will get married to her? I'll ask you. Will you get married to my daughter?
She yelled.

Neil: Yes, I would.
He replied sternly.

Sulakshna was shocked. Avni stopped crying and looked upto him.

Sulakshna: Ye kya keh rahe ho? Log kya kahenge? Tum to itne bade officer ho phir kyun is gandagi mein apne haath gande karna chahte ho!

Neil: Dare you speak a word against my to be wife. Gandagi aap jaise logon ki soch main hai, Avni mein nahi .

Avni stood up and walked towards him.
Avni: Kyun?...shadi mujhse..... Kyu?
Her voice very low and cracked.

He had said everything in the heat of the moment but he meant each and every word. He would definitely get married to her.

He turned towards her,
Neil: Kyuki, you're a beautiful person from within. Main tumhe kuch ghanton se hi jaanta hoon par itna jaan chuka hoon ki tum ek sachi aur achchi ladki ho. Is se zyada mujhe kuch nahi chahiye.

Her eyes welled up with tears. He held her hand and asked her mother
Avni ka kanyadan to karengi na aap?

Her mother was left speechless and just nodded.

###############################

Here is the next chapter..

VOTE AND COMMENT....

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊