Chapter 1

Police Station

Commissioner: Well done IPS Khanna! I am proud of you. You've finally cracked the kidnapping racket case.

Neil: Thankyou sir. Its my duty to ensure the safety of common public.
Now I'll just go and check if all the girls have reached their home safely.
Jai Hind!

The commissioner nodded with a smile.

#######

Neil's cabin

Neils POV: Thankyou God. For giving me enough strength to fight against the wrong. Just give me a little more strength to fight for myself. To fight for the freedom which I deserve to live my life with. To fight against my cruel Chacha-Chachi. They always make me go against my wishes, my pricinples and the teachings that my mother gave me. They blackmail me emotionally just because they took care of me after my parents and spent money on my education.
I promise I'll never let any innocent soul suffer because of me.

His trail of thoughts was broken with a knock on the door of his cabin.

Neil: Come in!

DD: Sir, aapne mujhe bulaya?

Neil: Haan DD. Jin ladkiyon ko humne bachaya, kya vo apne ghar safely pahunch gyi hain?

DD: Jee sir! Humne sab ke ghar par inform kar diya tha. Par Sir...

Neil: Par kya DD?

DD: Par sir ek ladki ke ghar vaalon ne kaha ki unki koi beti hi nahi hai.

Neil: Strange...Vo ladki kahan hai?

DD: Sir, vo bahar hai.

Neil: Usse andar lekar aao.

DD: Yes SIR!!!

DD leaves the cabin.

#########

DD goes to a girl who was sitting in the garden area of the police station. She sat there on a bench hugging her knees and weeping silently.

DD: Excuse me!

The girl looked towards him,
Girl: When can I go home?
She asked in a broken voice.

DD: Maine Sir se baat ki hai. Vo aapko andar bula rahe hain.

He sees that her expression has turned into a fearful one.

DD: Don't worry, vo bahut achche hain. Aapki help zaroor karenge.

She sensed honesty in his eyes. She just gave a small smile in response.
She got up and followed DD to Neil's cabin.

########

Neil's cabin

Neil is sitting on his chair engrossed in a case file. He hears a knock on the doorm

N: Come in.

DD enters the cabin with the girl standing behind him.

DD: Sir, ye hi hain vo jinhe aapne bulaya tha.

Neil: Please, baithiye.
He says gesturing towards a chair in front of him.

She walks slowly towards the chair and settles herself.
Neil notices her pale face and swelled up eyes. He gives her a glass of water and she accepts it and gulped it down in one go.

Neil(in mind): Maybe those people have not given her anything to eat when she was kidnapped.

Neil: DD get some food for her she might be hungry.
He whispered into his ears.

DD nodded and went away to get food.

Neil: What's your name?
He asked softly.

Girl: Avni.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So here is the first chapter. Do let me know your views.

VOTE AND COMMENT.....