26.

"Clary"

I shifted to my side putting the soft pillow on my head trying to block the sound.

"Clary," now someone is nudging my arm. Great, "Come on wake up, the rankings will be out after breakfast."

The rankings.

I jolted out of the bed hitting my head with the person who was waking me up.

"Aw that's what I get for waking you up?" The person groaned rubbing his temple. I hadn't quit opened my eyes yet I try and open them, but it's like they are sealed shut, but then the idea of the rankings and- wait..shit I totally forgot about Eric.

And that gave me the motivation to open my eyes, " Oh.. hey Ian."

"Come on let's get you some breakfast you look like shit by the way,"

"Geez thank you," I need to talk to Eric.I supported myself on Ian's arm cause I still wasn't quit recovered and limped out of the infirmary.

I scanned the dimmed light hallways and wondered if that was my last time seeing them.

I know I did good, but pissing off the leader who's responsible for the rankings isn't the smartest choice. Guess I'll just hope he'll put aside our problems and evaluate my ranking correctly.

as I entered the mess hall with Ian by my side the first thing I saw was Eric, standing with max and other peoples which I assume are others leaders.

He glanced at me and I did the same we kept our staring contest for ten more seconds until he decided to break it and mutter something to Max then leave.

I need to make things right, while I'm not sure what was the thing to begin with.

I followed him outside trying not to make any possible sound.

He was going upstairs which I assume was to his office.

I went upstairs behind him expecting him to go to the sixth floor just like last time, but he stopped at the fourth floor at the fifth door.

"Eric"
For a moment his unemotional mask was gone and he looked... confused? It's hard to get a read on him.

"What are you doing here?" He shoved his hand in his pocket to get his Keys opening the door.

"I-I," I took a deep breath, I need to get this over with.

"Look I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday when you were trying to help... I-I just didn't want you to think I'm weak," I kept playing with the end of my shirt.

He started laughing.

Okay I totally didn't expect that.

"You think I care? Your are just a little stiff who's ego is bigger than your head," he was trying to get the key from keyhole, but it was stuck, great.

"Then why did you come to begin with ha?"

"I already told you just to check if you're not dead-"

"Cut the bullshit Eric I didn't see 'checking' on Drew who literally got his skull broken or Harley who's arm got twisted and could barely move it,"

"Yes you're right," he turned around to face me, " I didn't check on them because i know thier potential, but you.." he rubbed his chin laughing, "you're just weak."

I just stood there I truly didn't know what to say.

"Now can you leave?" He said turning around to unlock the door.

"No," he turned back giving the 'fuckin leave' looke, "You and I both know that this isn't true, I'm not weak...." am I?

He looked quit shocked and it's actually shocking me to see him display any emotion, but it disappeared as fast as it came.

"Believe what you want to believe," he finally managed to get the key out, " now leave," he shut the door right into my face.

Maybe he's right, maybe it's all in my head; that I'm strong. Maybe if you believed in something very much you believe.  it's true when it's just facade of your dreams and hallucinations.

I bit my lips, even if that's true I must try, try and be strong to show my parents that I'm not a pathetic mistake; to show Eric that I'm not weak. That I'm dauntless.

I rubbed my arms while going down stairs, I'm not in the mood of talking to anyone so I just went straight to the training room.

I started to do a couple of warm ups, I eyed the rankings board ahead of me wondering where would I stand, Eric will come up any minute right now and will determine the first three initiates to be eliminated.

The others started entering the training room, no one is talking every one is worried it might be thier last day, even Peter and Ian just acknowledge my presence by giving me reassuring nod and standing beside me.

We just sat for a couple of minutes in silence until Four entered followed be Eric who's holding a tablet.

"So as you know today three of you will become factionless and my assistant didn't prepare for me any speech so let's get this shit over with," he then pressed a bottom on his tablet and twenty five name appeared.

1. Clary
2. Edward
3. Ian
4. Peter
5. Val
6. Hector
7.madison
8.molly
9. Will
10. Al
11. Drew
12. Kat
13. Christina
14. Michael
15. Victor
16. Nick
17. Josh
18. Matt
19. Alissa
20. Tris
21. Harley
22.Jake
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
23. Lilly
24. Lorenzo
25. Nina

I'm the fuckin first.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding and before I know it I was engulfed by Ian and Peter who started spinning me around.

I caught Eric staring at me and I smirked at him giving him 'fuck you I'm not weak' he just rolled his eyes and toled Lilly, Lorenzo and Nina to go pack their stuff.

"And stop with all that shit you just got through the first week there's still other eight eleminations,"

You know what double fuck you I'm not weak bitch.

I'm not weak.

———-________________——

Ayooo guys why do you think of that chapter? Please tell me your opinion it helps a lot and don't forget to hit the vote bottom.

Follow my Instagram account, I post sneak peaks👇🏼

@wattpad_writter404

Jasmine 🥀