Today he left his hyungs worried and scared about him because of you and standing in the kitchen surrounded by their tired and relieved faces you felt bad.

You knew they were only relieved to see Jungkook, you were a burden they didn't ask for.

Jungkook listens to Namjoon's words but you know he won't give up, he managed to persuade you to change your mind, and you knew he would do that too here.

'But please, Yoongi you must understand, she has nothing she needs us.'

Yoongi looks at his younger brother with a sadness but doesn't say anything.

You've had enough.

Your worst fear was coming true, you knew it would happen, and you couldn't say anything to change their minds.

It was late and they were tired, you could tell they didn't want to be here, Tae was actually sleeping on Hoseok's shoulder.

Inside you felt bad, and right there and then you would have turned around and left, no words needed. But knowing you all too well Jungkook had placed himself right next to you, with his hip and shoulder slightly behind your back. His presence behind you keeping you rooted in your spot, ready for the floor to swallow you, rather than finish this conversation.

'But you don't need to be worried, what you think, none of it is true,' he cries out, always ready to be the hero you think, fighting for the underdog, you jut out your chin and press your lips together not speaking. All of them look towards you now.

'It's not true?' Jin asks quietly. You don't reply.

'If it's not true that changes things, is this true Y/N?' Jin asks again.

You don't answer, lips still sealed.

'Y/N will explain, hyung's listen,' Jungkook asks.

Looking into his eyes you know you have to tell him, 'I won't.'

'You...You won't?' Jungkook repeats slowly. 'I don't understand.'

You won't explain yourself to them as they sit there and judge you without even knowing you. You know they won't change their mind and you won't share most of your story to prove your innocence anyway.

'But Y/N if your innocent prove it, don't you care?' Namjoon looks at you intrigued by your strange refusal to help the situation. None of them would ever understand, you were raised to never trust, to stay silent, build a wall around you and keep it under any circumstance, tonight was no different.

'No.'

'Why not, can't you tell us?'

'No.'

'If you explain we can let you stay, please?' Jin adds to Namjoon's questions.

'No.'

'Can you tell us anything?' Is cried out in exasperation.

You pause but your answer is still the same, 'No.' One word causing all the problems, but you didn't owe anyone an explanation, or your story, that was your business, your burden to carry, so if they needed answers, you may as well leave there and then.

Namjoon runs a hand through his hair and seems to give up with the conversation that is going nowhere. 'You have to understand, we don't know you, all we know is what the news reports have said...'

'Do you always trust everything you're told?' Your question, aimed towards Namjoon was worded poorly, and your bad attitude and embarrassment only made it worse. But you were tired and just as exasperated as everyone else.

You knew it and you didn't need to be told it, but for the first time that evening Yoongi spoke, and with his words, Jungkook seemed to wilt a small bit behind you.

'You're in our home,' he started, slowly, 'show some respect... and everyone else can stop raising their voices towards a girl', his quiet but final words stop the rising tension in its entirety, the strong side of you wants the argue back about the girl comment, but him scolding you almost like a parent made you hold your tongue. You hadn't been spoken to like that for a while, and actually, it probably was needed.

Bowing your head you swallow your pride and looking up you apologise.

'Sorry Yoongi, and Namjoon, and everyone else. I know I'm not wanted, and I'm causing trouble for you at this hour, I'll leave you all now.'

You begin to turn, head dipped to make an escape, you wanted out, really you knew this would happen, you looked like how the news had portrayed you- a wanted criminal- dirty and dangerous, and you didn't have the words to tell them it wasn't true, you couldn't give them an explain, and they couldn't let you stay without one.

There was no win here.

But someone wasn't about to let you go that easily.