My mouth drooled at the sight

My mouth drooled at the sight. "You made all this yourself?" I looked up at him.

He smiled, "Yeah, my momma taught me all this shit at a young age."

"I need to meet her one day." I returned the smile.

"She gone Ma." He said, I watched as the smile slowly disappeared from his face.

"I'm sorry Rod." I apologized. He never told me this, so I didn't know.

"It's nothing." He began fixing his own plate, before sitting down with me.

Nothing could be heard but the sounds of our forks clicking up against our plates. I knew it wasn't a good silence, and I hated seeing Rod so down.

His phone begin ringing, breaking the silence between us.

"Are you serious?" He spoke into the phone, causing me too look up, seeing his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Aight I'm on my way." He got up from his seat after ending the call.

"Everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm finna go handle some business." He spoke. "You gone be aight here by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Be safe." I said, following him to the door, locking it behind him.

In all actuality, I knew I'd be bored without him here. Seemed as if once I moved in, Rod never left me here alone. I sometimes wondered how his street business got handled if he was never around, but I guess it was none of my business.

I made some dishwater, and begin putting the food away. I made sure to wash the pots he used, and our dishes we ate with. Spraying the counters down with Clorox, I wiped those down as well.

After I was finished straightening up, I headed back upstairs to our room.

It may be weird, but I found myself in his closet, just looking around at his clothes. He had a bunch of designer things, some I had never even heard of.

I took one of the shirts off the hanger, smelling it. It was something about his scent that I always enjoyed, it was very masculine.

I was shaken out of my daze, upon hearing a knock at the door.

I didn't know if Rod wanted me answering the door, but the knocks never faded.

"Who is it?" I yelled. No one spoke. I decided to just open the door, knowing the person on the other side wasn't going away.

"Who are you?" The lady asked.

"Umm... just a friend of Rod's." I answered.

"Hm.. and you're here because?" She questioned me. I noticed the slight attitude in her voice, but I wasn't going to say anything about it.

"Just staying here, until I can get on my own feet."

"Tuh, he was always trying to save a hoe." She said under her breath.

"I'm sorry, what was your name?" I asked.

"I'm Brenda. Rod's ex girlfriend. Is he home?"

"No, but I'm sure he'll be back sooner or later. You want me to tell him you stopped by?" I raised my eyebrow.

"That's ok, I'll just wait until he gets here." She squeezed her way past me, walking into the house.

"Everything's just how I remembered." She walked into the living room, taking a seat on the couch.

I followed, sitting on the opposite couch.

I took in her features, she was a pretty girl, and had a nice shape. I could see why someone would be attracted to her.

"You guys aren't fucking, are you?" She did a hand motion, that people often use when referring to sex

"With all due respect, you being his ex, really don't have a right to be asking personal questions." I turned up my face, she was really out of line.

"You must be, since you're not denying it, and if you are, you apparently not as smart as you look." She cut her eyes at me.

"You can think whatever you like." I shrugged my shoulders. I knew me and Rod weren't doing anything sexual, even if the thought had ran through my mind a couple times. I wasn't ready to have any type of intimacy yet. He didn't ask about it anyways, so until he did, we really didn't have to worry about that topic right now.

Hearing a jingle at the door, I knew Rod was back. I stood up, greeting him as he walked into whatever it is he was getting ready to walk into.

"Brenda?" He asked letting out a frustrated sigh. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to claim what was mine." She said looking over at me with a smirk.