↬ xxxi.

daytime passed and the sun was finally setting, but namjoon begged jin if they could stay later.

jin couldn't resist joon's cuteness- after all, his goal was to get namjoon to love the ocean. he knew that he had completed that goal.

so, jin took the flashlight he always carried in his bag, and stuck it in the sand upright.

now, they had their own little nightlight. the older began to talk about music, and his love for singing. namjoon asked if he could sing for him. "oh, i don't know, i didn't say i was good at it..."

"no! i know you'll be good. come on. please?"

jin looked up at namjoon, watching his dark eyes sparkle from the light.

"for me?" namjoon muttered.

jin sighed. he couldn't say no to namjoon. do i like him? no, jin, you're straight! he thought.

"fine.." he muttered, thinking of a song to sing. "you said you like got7 and exo. how about singing one of their songs?" "o-okay.. i'll sing... you are, by got7." he said, taking a deep breath.

"It's a beautiful sky~
맑게 하늘, like you..
There is not a cloud~
때문에
세상이 다르게 느껴져"

jin looked up at namjoon, who was frozen in shock.

"what?" "y-your voice... it's so amazing.." jin blushed, getting nervous. "thanks, namjoon.."

the younger looked out at the sunset, as it made the sky look yellow, orange, and purple, and the ocean reflected those colors. it was pretty.

he lied against the stone wall that held up the dock. jin did as well, sitting next to him.

seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into an hour. one hour of silent sitting. the pair were comfortable- nowhere else would make them feel as happy and safe as they felt in those moments.

namjoon turned his head towards jin, staring deep into his soul.

jin turned to, by instinct. it was uncontrollable.

don't get lost in his eyes, jin.
you're straight.
nothing more. nothing less.

jin glanced down at the younger's lips, then back up. their eyes met once more and that was enough to motivate namjoon to lean in.

their eyes closed. they were so close, jin could feel joon's soft breath on his face.

jin couldn't take it. they were too close without doing anything. he realized how much he loved namjoon, how much he wanted to hold him close forever. he wanted to make namjoon feel safe.

he couldn't stay still. he clashed their lips together.

fuck being straight. he thought.