Chapter 21

Y/n POV:

I wake up to the sounds of crashing above my head. When I move I clutch my stomach in pain, I forgot about that. Soon the whole cell begins to shake as the ceiling behind to cave in, falling bit by bit. Those bits turn into giant parts of rubble, I try to avoid it, but get hit by one on my legs that trips me over. Then one knocks me unconscious.

I slowly wake up somewhere I'm aware isn't the cell, but I'm not sure where it is.
'She's awake!' A voice says.

'Careful, Y/n.' Another voice says.

I sit up, one hand on my head and the other around my stomach. I hiss in pain. I suddenly know the first voice was Nina as she stands in front of me and gives me a careful hug.
'Oh, sorry!' She says, stepping back.

'It's fine.' I state, my voice scarce and croaky. With a quick glance around I see Nina, Slenderman, EJ and Clockwork are in the room with me.

'How are you? You look pale. I'm sorry we didn't come sooner. Do you feel dizzy? You look like you might faint. Don't faint, please don't. You've been out for 2 hours. Oh my god I can't believe you're alive!' Nina said in one big breath. I was taken back by it all.

'Um....' I trail off, unsure of what to say.

'I think we should leave slender to talk with her.' EJ begins to pull on her sleeve.

'Shit, I mean, uh, yeah. I'll be back.' They all leave apart from Slender.

'He's not dead.' He states, creepily.

'What now?' I ask, he looks to the side.

'We are arranging an attack that I don't want you to be in, it will be in 2 days.'

'Why can't I be in it?'

'You're injured. Very injured.' Slender says. How didn't I realise how much pain I'm in until now? 'Anyways, you can leave the room whenever you like, try not to do too much that requires effort.'

'Ok.' He walks out. I realise I'm in the 'stitching room' as Trender introduced it to us at first.

I leave the room and walk straight to, oh wait I don't have a room for myself, I forgot. I scratch that idea and go sit on the sofa with Alice and Jane who are arguing about the pronunciation of tomato.

'Tomayto? Are you stupid? It's tomahto.' Alice states.

'Tomahto doesn't sound right.' Jane says.

'But that's the proper- oh my god, Y/n!' Alice yells.

'Hey.' I quietly say. She give she a hug. 'Shit sorry you're probably injured.'

'Well, I'm not dead.' I smile. She laughs.

'It was a pretty big explosion in Zalgo's castle.' Jane says. 'But, how do you pronounce tomato?'

They stare in anticipation.

'Tomahto.' I state and walk away.

'I told you!' Alice yells.

'What is wrong with people?' I hear Jane yell in the background.

'Glad to see you alive.' A voice says as I walk past. I stop and stare at the shadow staring at me. He steps out, it's Ben.

'Glad?'

'We've established I don't hate you.' He says with a small smile.

'Never said you do.' I return, then look got he side as a silence falls upon us. It's kinda awkward between us ever since that one night, I can't shake it away though.

My thoughts are washed away when I feel Ben lift my chin to look at him. He states at me before kissing my forehead with his hand on my cheek and other holding my forearm. Then he begins walking away.

'By the way, we still share a room.' He yells to me without stopping or turning around.