Chapter 20

Y/n POV:

'You shouldn't help the poor!' Zalgo screams at me. I didn't think doing something good would have bad consequences.

'Why not?' I murmur.

'Because they are poor, they serve no use to us!'

'Then kill them.'

'They can be useful when it comes to experiments, or slave work.'

'So they are a use to you.'

'Talk so you can be heard!' Zalgo yells. Jesus, it's terrifying. 'You'll be queen in five years! Act like one now and you might be a good ruler!' He storms off.

(Big time skip)

It has to be 2 and a half weeks later now, Zalgo is either screaming in my face or teaching me how to be a bitch of a ruler whilst screaming at me. He's always yelling at me, it's both scary and annoying.

So far I have to have a straight back, always good posture, not smile or help the 'peasants' (But I do if nobody is watching). There are way too many rules, I don't know if I can keep up.

Walking around the city, I keep walking past injured people, but there are too many guards that'll snitch if they see me even talk to them. I've started stealing medical supplies and food and walking around. I turn a few corners that are empty and I see a lady, early 20s probably. She's limping whilst clutching her stomach, o go help her.
'Need help?' I ask.

'Me?' She questions.

'Yes, your stomach.'

'Oh, it's alright.'

'Then take these supplies to help yourself.' I give her medical supplies and food. She thanks me for a good minute before leaving. I go back to the castle and I'm immediately yelled at by Zalgo.
'With all the windows in this castle I can see the majority of the city! Don't think I didn't see you help that slave!'

'She's not a slave! She probably never wanted this! You're just a bastard to this failure of a kingdom!' I yell back.

He burns me with fire across my face and also cuts me across the stomach with a knife. I fall for the floor.

'HOW DARE YOU!? He screams. Why did I just say that? 'TAKE HER AWAY TO THE CELLS! DONT LET HER OUT UNTIL I SAY SO!'

Some guards take me to the cells, for some reason they don't take my machete. They walk off as Zalgo comes.
'Until by learn to be a proper ruler, you won't be let out!' He, too, walks off.