Give It To You

"Do not mistake my gentlemanly ways as me rescuing a damsel in distress because I have a connection to Lady Heather. Lady Heather and I have nothing between us." Colton stated.

"Really?" Emmy asked. "Then why are you both still holding hands?"

Colton quickly let Heather's hand go and brushed his hand against his pants before sitting back down and clearing his throat.

"Lady Emmy, please do not state things that are not true." Colton said sternly.

"So, you're not with Lady Heather then?"

"No."

"You have no designs for her to be your wife?"

"No."

"Not at all?"

"Not one bit."

Emmy smiled. "Apologies, it was my mistake."

Heather fumed even more inside of herself. Emmy just embarrassed Heather even more. For Sir Colton to continuously deny his liking towards her so adamantly, made Heather feel unwanted. No one there liked her. No one there wanted her. No one there loved her.

Heather immediately ran towards her room with her maids and Nanny Fai running after her. Sounds of crying could be heard as she left the hall.

"There she goes, running to her room as if I bullied her." Emmy said. "I was just clearing up the situation. How was I supposed to know how sensitive she is?"

Emmy turned to Seoras and pointed at herself.

"Did I bully her?"

"No." Seoras shamelessly said as he smiled. He would lie for her, even in face of the danger, if it would help her.

"Humph." Emmy said as she crossed her arms over her chest in a pout. "In your eyes, I'm not a bully. But in their eyes I am."

"No. No. No." Sir Colton said. "You were just clearing up the situation. You didn't bully her."

"Yes, I agree. You didn't bully Lady Heather. It was just a misunderstanding." Minister Robin agreed. They no longer had a way to persuade Emmy to help them. She did have a point that she is now Lady Tomas of Ceco and she made it clear that Lord Seoras is the only person who made decisions concerning the trade agreement. He would do and say almost anything to ensure their trade deal went through. He would have to come up with other ways to entice Seoras. "I will write to King Thane and ask him if we can adjust our agreements."

Seoras nodded his head. Minister Robin and Sir Colton excused themselves to write the letter to King Thane of Igoh. Seoras, Gengrick, Dominic and Prince Cael went to Seoras's study to speak about Lord Edie. While Emmy found herself alone with Arashi.

"Would you like to walk with me around my garden?" Emmy asked after a long period of silence between the two.

"Yes." Arashi said as he quickly stood up and wiped the sweat inside of his palms on his pants.

Arashi walked beside Emmy as they entered her garden. The sun shined brightly on them as the wind blew the scent of roses. It tickled Arashi's nose as he looked between Emmy and the pathway in front of him.

"Why are you unwilling to go back to Igoh with me?" Arashi asked.

"Why would I leave Ceco? Why would I leave my husband? Why would I leave a place where I've found happiness, peace, and protection?" Emmy asked. "Why would I leave all of this to go back with you?"

"If it is happiness, peace and protection. I can also give it to you. If it's love. I'll I can give it to you too." Arashi insisted.

Emmy stopped and sat down on a bench, which made Arashi sit down next to her as well. There was still some distance between them, but if Arashi wanted to reach out and hold her, he could.

"So what if you can love me. It doesn't mean I love you." Emmy told him. "Love, just like happiness, peace and protection goes both ways. You say you can give me all of this, but it wouldn't be fair to you if I couldn't give you these things back. After awhile, you'll feel tired for spending so much time giving me all these things without getting anything back. You'll start to feel resentful."

"I won't. I promise." Arashi adamitly said.