Second Chances

"Crown Prince?" Emmy asked as she smirked at the handsome man. "Who would have thought a Crown Prince would be a hired mercenary?"

"Lady Emmy." Reaper said quickly. "This is Crown Prince Cael of Lire."

"Should I feel honored that he tried to kill me?" Emmy asked as she turned to look at Reaper.

"Lady Emmy. Prince Cael is righteous and just. He would not have come to kill you if he had a reason." Reaper said as he bowed his head. He and the guards were in a complicated predicament.

They were Lord Seoras's men and citizens of Ceco. However Lord Seoras is loyal to the Royal Lire Family. Ceco was a territory of Lire, making them loyal to the Royal Lire Family as well.

"Righteous and just? What have I done for him to personally come to kill me?" Emmy asked as she questioned them out loud. "So am I just supposed to stand here and let them kill me because he's a Crown Prince?" Emmy asked. "Before you took his mask off. You would have killed him without hesitation, however now because you know his identity, you kneel before him?"

"Lady Emmy." Reaper said apologetically as his eyes pleaded with her. He didn't want to disappoint Emmy any more than he already has, but what she said was correct. How could they kill Crown Prince Cael. It would be detrimental to Lord Seoras's reputation and power as Lord Tomas. They would cause a civil war.

"Very well." Emmy said as she looked at her captives. "However him."

Emmy pointed at the man who attacked her. "He dies."

The vines grew into him as the man screamed in pain. Blood flowed out of him as the vines grew bigger and bigger as they exited his body. His cries quickly died as roots were planted and a tree bloomed. His body became one with the tree. Half his body was buried within the tree and the other half was wrapped in vines and wood. His face was left unmarked and twisted in pain as leaves grew above his head, as if to shield him from sunlight.

Everyone looked at Emmy's monstrous masterpiece with horror and fear that grew within them. Lady Emmy was always nice to them. When she fought The Serpent Moon, they were all inside of the castle asleep. They were unable to witness her powers. They have only witness her practicing her mage powers. But to see her use her mage powers and how she used them. It caused them to be afraid of her. If she could do this to her enemy without hesitation or even an ounce of regret. Should they be afraid of her powers or the woman who wields it?

"Anyone who attacks me. Dies." Emmy said out loud as she let Prince Cael and the other man go. The vines quickly disappeared as soon as they came. "Come for me again. And you'll be seeking an early grave. I'll let you go this time, due to your identity and the fact that you have yet to raise your sword against me."

Emmy walked to her horse and pulled herself on top of it.

"We still have a mission to complete." Emmy told her men.

The Ceco soldiers quickly stood up and got on their horses. Thankful that Lady Emmy let Prince Cael go. Before they rode out, Emmy turned to Crown Prince Cael and left him with her parting words.

"There will be no second chances."

--

Three days after her incident with Prince Cael. Emmy sighed in frustration as she looked behind her. Two men on horses rode a safe distance away from her and her guards for the past three days.

"How long are they planning to follow us?" Emmy grumbled.

"I'm not sure, Lady Emmy." Reaper said as he scratched his head in wonder.

"If he's going to follow us, then he might as well ride with us." Emmy complained. "What's the use of following us at that distance? If they're going to spy on us, at least stay out of sight!"

"Should...." Reaper started saying before he stopped. He feared Emmy would reprimand him, however she was always one who listened to their ideas and never looked down on them. "Should we invite him to accompany us then?"

Emmy sighed loudly as she looked up towards the cloudless sky. Crown Prince Cael was like stepping on a piece of dog poop that couldn't be wiped away. No longer wanting to talk she just held her hand up and flicked it back and forth a few times.

Reaper was beside Emmy long enough to know that this was her sign of "do what you want, I'm tired of speaking." Reaper smiled and quickly ordered Sherman to go invite the Crown Prince and his guard to join them.

Sherman quickly broke away from their group and once he reached Prince Cael and explained the situation, the three of them rode back to join them.

"It's a coincidence, we are heading the same way." Cael said as he caught up to Emmy and rode on the other side of her. "We are heading to Clovis to stop the Beast Master Wizard from doing more damage against my people."

He took a long glance at Emmy and for some reason his heart skipped a beat.

Emmy's hair shined brightly against the shinning sun. It looked like soft, silk threads. Her cold green eyes was piercing as it looked forward, towards the road and never wavered to look at him. Her smooth skin shined and she had full, pouty, pink lips that looked kissable. He suddenly wondered what it would feel like biting her lower lip. Would she cry out in pain or pleasure. Emmy's body was covered up in her brown cloak, however it did not hide her curves or her bountiful assets. Her breasts jiggled and shook slightly with her movements.

His pants quickly tightened and Cael cleared his throat as he adjusted his sitting position to alleviate the pain between his legs. His cheeks lit up in embarrassment at his own reaction towards Emmy and the fact that she completely ignored him.

"Reaper?" Emmy said boredly.

"Yes, my Lady?" Reaper said.

"Was that a dog barking just now?" Emmy said as she looked at Reaper.

Reaper's eyes looked at Prince Cael and his eyes opened wide with worry. Is Prince Cael going to kill them for Emmy's words?

"Lady Emmy." Prince Cael began to stay, however he was stopped by Emmy's next words.

"Now a cow is mooing." Emmy boredly said as she looked back onto the road in front of her.