Deviant (2)

** A/N: A mass release today for my readers! I love ya! Thank you for waiting and supporting me with your encouraging words! Enjoy! -ptd!

P.S. A reader asked me how many chapters Deviant will have (sorry for not answering you directly). I don't know how many chapters Deviant will have, I usually just write, letting the story flow out of me and when the story comes to a close, that's when the book ends, I don't plan out how many chapters it will be. That is why I like to thank those who wait for me to write/publish the chapters. Their patience, words of support and love encourages me to keep on writing for them! Love you guys!***

------------------------------------------------------

Reaper was the only one who held his laughter back as the rest of the men laughed then tried to cover it up with a cough. Lady Emmy could be a very petty person. Especially towards those who wronged her. Now that Prince Cael is the one who is the brunt of her jokes, they couldn't help, but to feel thankful towards Prince Cael. Because they were no longer the brunt of her jokes and she was no longer holding a grudge against them.

"Lady Emmy." Cael tried to speak to her again, however was interrupted.

"Ah!" Emmy said as she sighed. "Now a crow is cawing. What ill omen is this?"

Cael's face lit up in embarrassment. How could he win against her? She completely ignored him and insulted him. How can he stand for this? He is Crown Prince Cael of Lire! Anyone and everyone wanted to be on his good side. Wanted to please him and bow down to him. How could this woman with a bad reputation treat him as if he was nothing but air?

Cael's anger rose, but quickly died. If he was in her shoes, he wouldn't have been so forgiving as Lady Emmy was towards him. He would have been more aggressive towards the people who wanted to kill him. Cael held his thoughts to himself as the stopped trying to speak to Emmy. They rode on with silence.

Cael stayed with the group, following along side them. Neither Cael or Emmy spoke to one another. Emmy treated Cael as if he didn't exist. However he treated her with caution. He could only observe her for the past three days. Her actions, her voice and her demeanor were all memorized by Cael.

What they observed before they attacked her was only a fraction of what the real Emmy truly acted. His first impression of her quickly changed as he watched her caring ways towards the guards. Even though her actions towards her guards were small and forgettable. To him, it showed how detailed she was about those around her.

Those small and forgettable actions caused him to carry more doubts to the words that his junior disciple said about her and caused him to rethink if those rumors about Emmy were really true or false. How could this one woman be the cause of so much misfortune and disasters?

How could she be in so many places and cause so many problems when no one really knew how she looked like and no one could tell how her character truly is. His doubt became even more solidified when they were ambushed when they stop to rest for the night.

They have camped to the side of the main road and like the other nights, Emmy made her own bed next to the fire and began roasting the rabbits that her guards caught. She seasoned it and placed it above the fire and sat back while it cooked. As the rest of the guards went to search around their surroundings. Back at camp there were only four of them. Emmy, Reaper, Cael and Cael's guard, Price.

The rest of Emmy's guards were gone for a long time before Cael began to say something about it, because Emmy and Reaper acted as if nothing wrong was happening.

"Your men are taking a long time." Cael said out loud to no one in general, but it was directed towards Emmy and Reaper.

"They must've wanted to stretch out their legs and walked further than they usually do." Reaper said as his eyes quickly glanced at Emmy.