"Dad?" Marshall whispered. I was shocked too and I started peeping around. "Not my real dad, Steven Nelson. He raised me when my father ditched. He's another one of my uncles." I made an O with my lips and we chatted with Steven. "Yea son we've been good, I see you're getting older, got a girl on ya hip." Marshall's eyes fluttered to mine and I shook my head. "I'm his...foster sister I guess." I shrugged. "Nah this is Bella. Besides Ronnie...and you...best shit that's happened to me." I was ecstatic when he said that that I had to shut my eyes and look down. "That's sweet Mick. Keep her close alright." Marshall nodded and kissed his uncle on the cheek.

Steven gave me a small peck on my forehead and I hugged him tightly. He's so freaking sweet.

"Let's stay away from him okay?" Marshall asked, pointing to a tall, husky man with sideburns. I nodded. "Who is it though?" I leaned down, grabbing a red solo cup full of apple cider. "Todd Nelson. He's one of my uncles, but I kinda think he hates me." I laughed and took a small sip from my drink. "Hey boy you avoiding me now?" Marshall looked up and screamed, "Aunt Betty!!!" She was a little chunky and had short brown hair. She looked welcoming I guess. "You're damn right it's aunt Betty now give me some sugar." Marshall placed a lingering kiss to her cheek and pulled away quick.

"I missed you soo much." She said squeezing the life outta him. "I missed you too Aunty." She rocked him back and forth and smiled at me. "Is that Kim, Marshall?" Marshall shook his head and pointed across the room to Kim who was talking to Jeanette and Proof. "So you must be..." I shook her hand and answered. "Bella Meyers." She smiled at Marshall and I gulped the rest of my cider. "Well I gotta run, gotta go to Edna's house for another party." Marshall and I nodded at the same time and I separated to go talk to other people, when I bumped into Ronnie once more.

"Hey...Bella right?" I gave him a thumbs up and sat down on the couch next to him. "How long have you known Marshall?" It seemed short but it's been a while. Two years actually. "October 14 will make three years." He had a Notorious B.I.G. shirt on and he really must like hip hop. "I see you staring. What at?" He asked. I sort of wanted to say 'you' but that's be so freaking perverted so I simply said, "Your shirt. You really are a fan of hip hop?" He looked to be intrigued and he pulled out a beastie boys tape. "I think that answers your question lil mama." I giggled at the name and Marshall hopped over the couch to sit next to me.

"What are y'all talking about?"

"Just rap stuff." I answered.

"Since when do you like rap?"

"Since two years ago when we went to that run DMC concert."

"You guys went to a DMC concert? How?"

"I bought tickets."

"REALLY??? You're like the best friend ever." I blushed hard when Ronnie said that. "Yea. And so is Proof!" Deshaun turned to both of us and smiled. His dreads hung loosely and sometimes they blocked his eyes. He walked over here and did a dap with Ronnie. Guess they've met already.

~~~~A long Christmas Filled Night~~

Everyone was gone and I got a total of twenty two gifts and a half. I would really name them all but those book titles would take a while. Anyway Marshall spent the night with Ronnie and Kim left with Jeanette. Nathan was asleep and Debbie was downstairs watching movies. I was in the room on the phone with Dylan. We broke up a little while ago and now we were just chatting. He told me how Jeanette and Kim were sleeping and how he was so sleepy because he's been up trying to get glitter off of his clothes. Don't ask why. When that conversation ended Bailey called.

"Hey bells what's up?"

"Nothing just laying down and talking to you. Merry Christmas by the way."

"Same to you too. How's everyone?"

"Same as always. Jeanette and Marshall are still dating."

"Wait what?! They're dating I thought they were just fuck buddies?"

"Nope. They're a thing. He told me. It's like since Kim's starting to drift and J is so eager, then why not. It just crushed me."

"Mhm. And to think that could've been you."

"Nah I don't wanna be a side chick. If he likes me he likes me ya know I don't want him ever to date me and date someone else. That just means I'm not good enough you know?"

"Yea. Man you're in some deep stuff right now. Just take it slow alright everything will be fine." I wanted to hug her so bad if she was here, but unfortunately she wasn't. "BELLA!!!" I heard Debbie call. I hung up the phone quickly and ran to her.

She had a pill bottle in her hand and the writing on it was scratched off. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I need to take my meds and I can't get the bottle open." I twisted it open for her and handed her the bottle. "Oh thanks so much Bella." She said. I thought you were only supposed to take like two but she took three. One too many. I ignored it and on the table I saw something that caught my eye. It was three letters that said to Marshall Mathers ll on them.

I snatched them off and they were all stamped.

Return to sender

Return to sender

Return to sender

I hid them under Marshall's pillow and I prayed to God he didn't find them because he'd be crushed.