Chapter 7

"HEY, YOU DRIVE. I'M TIRED" ASHTON ANNOUNCED AS he threw the keys at Danvor.

Danvor was about to get in and start the engine when Keira's voice stopped him. "No!, he has a migraine he can't drive. Noel can drive instead" she suggested.

Ashton and Danvor both looked at Noel before sharing a glance at each other.

Ashton walked to Danvor and took the key "never mind I'll drive".

Keira looked at them in confusion as Ashton and Danvor got inside the vehicle.

"I don't drive" Noel explained.

"You don't know?" She questioned.

"No I do. I just don't anymore".

"Why not?" She asked surprised.

Noel averted his eyes from her face but only to look at her again before he said "let's get going, they are waiting for us".

Keira watched Noel get in the front seat. And she followed after him. Curiosity rose in her as she noticed how his mood had suddenly changed. How the air around them has suddenly become so tensed upon the question. Something must've have definitely happened. And maybe he would tell it to her soon, when he can trust her.

Keira's attention shifted to Danvor, who was sitting at the corner next to her. His face wasn't different from Noel's as he was looking far away, thinking of something deeply. His worried look concerned Keira.

"Do you feel better now?" She asked him as she scooted closer to check if he had fever.

She took her hand away from his forehead as nothing felt unusual to her.

He nodded, offering a small smile "It's getting better".

"Get some sleep. Since you already had some pills, it will be all better when you wake up" she kindly advices him.

He smiled and nodded. Taking her advise, he let his eyes shut as he rested his head against the window. He felt guilty, for lying to them. But it was not like he could tell the truth. At least till he figured out what was going on.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile away from Melbourne, the big city, inside a basement of an old house was two boys tied up together.

Jason looked around and stared at the window on the top of the room probably for the 100th since they got there.

"Jasper" he whispered. "There's a window on the top. If we could get there maybe we can escape".

"How are we going to run away when they are so many people guarding us?" Jasper questioned.

"I don't think they would even doubt that we would run away. They see us as weak children" Jason explained.

He was right, when he thought of how they handled them as if they were some weak kids.

"I have an idea-" Jasper was cut off when they  heard footsteps down the staircase as they waited for someone to show themself from the door.

A woman with long blonde hair, who was dressed in a white dress showed herself.

She looked down at the boys, who once shivered terrified didn't look like they were afraid anymore.

"How are you boys doing?" She asked gently.

"What do you want from us?!" Jason growled.

She raised an eyebrow, surprised. It was the first time he raised his voice. He was tired of being tied with his brother, not knowing why they were there. They asked Margaret, the woman who held them captivated and the men who abducted them countless times why they took them, but no one gave an answer.

Jasper who was tired of there silence demanded to know the reason once again "why have you taken us?!" He enunciated.

Margaret bent down to reach their eye level, " I see you two are getting anxious".

"Don't worry, I'm not going to harm you" she drawled with a smile that sent shivers down their spine.

The boys remained silent as they glared at her.

"I've already told you, I will only tell you if you answer my question".

"Which one of you can hear my thoughts?".

They remained silent as they always did. They tried to read her mind and know why they were taken. But the woman was cunning. They could never know the truth by reading her mind. They didn't know how she knew. They kept their secret well.

"fine don't tell me. I was only trying to help" she sighed.

"But something tell me that the both of you can" she began with a smile, her eyes gleamed, for the boys her face showed pure evil.

"It's like your eyes keep changing from grey to silver. And it tells me that you both can" with that she left.

"How does she know all this?" Jasper questioned.

"I have no idea".

"She even has a weird accent" Jason thought aloud.

"It's a British accent idiot".

*~*~*~*

Margaret walked in to her kitchen and drank a glass of water.

"I'm only doing this to protect him" she closed her eyes and muttered to push down the guilt.

She walked out to see her manager "did you get any message from them?"

"Not yet ma'am" he replied.

"Why don't they just take them away already" she closed her eyes as her head started to ache.

"Are we going back to your house ma'am?" He asked again.

She nodded as a reply and got inside her Tesla car.

"Tell these men to keep a close eye on them. Those two might try something" she said looking at the trees as she passed.

"I highly doubt if they would, they seemed very scared. But I would tell them to be careful".

She didn't respond instead she closed her eyes as the familiar feeling of guilt consumed her.

It will be okay, She told herself.

But will it?.