Chapter 4

The next day Keira went for work just like any other day the only difference was this time she looked more lively. She worked in determination of finding her brothers herself.

Her work at the diner ended, she cleaned the tables as the band packed their instruments.

Keira did all her chores and stepped out of the diner. Behind her, Noel came up to her and tapped her shoulder."You ready?" He asked.

"As always I'll ever be" she shrugged.

They got into a car, probably Ashton's as he drove. They drove for 15 minutes before they stopped beside a building. They got out, Noel entered the apartment number of his friend and called. After his friend confirmed that it was them, he opened the door for them to go in.

They went to his apartment on the second floor and knocked on the door, waiting for him to open. When the door opened it revealed a skinny guy wore black glasses.

Kiera observed his dark circles under his eyes. At first Kiera thought that he must've been a hard worker, staying up late to study. But her thoughts were proved wrong when she went further inside.

There were about 6 computers and joy sticks to play games. She glanced around the room. It was so messy with food wrappers, beer cans and clothes everywhere.

"Keira this is Robby, my friend. He is the one who can help you. And Robby, Keira here needs your help to track two phones".

Robby bit his lower lip and nodded "yeah that's not a problem I can do that. Come with me" he sat on his bed and opened his laptop.

Keira gave him, her brothers numbers and watched intently to see what he was doing. It didn't take long for her to get bored of what Noel and Robby did while bickering about programming stuff she didn't understand.

She looked out of the window to her left and looked outside. The view wasn't great, it only showed the next building, which was similar to the one they were in.

She looked down and observed the cars that drove by. Her mind started thinking of her brothers.

They must be so scared. She told herself.

Danvor who had been watching her stood next to her to see what she was looking at. But he knew she wasn't thinking of the cars when she looked at her sad pair of blue eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asked knowing she wasn't.

She sighed and shook her head. She turned her head to look at him "no. How can I be? I can't stop worrying".

Danvor thought of how she used to be during the past three days. It was clear that she had been in trouble but nevertheless she would smile at everyone so kindly just like always.

Danvor patted her head as she was a small child.

"Don't worry kid" he said. "We'll find them. I promise".

Keira smiled looking at the floor for his kind words.

"Hey come over here, I think we found them" Noel gestured for them to come.

Keira and Danvor walked near them to see.

"It appears they are close to Melbourne. They are in Chadstone" Robby informed.

"Chadstone?!" Keira was startled. It was so far away."They went all the way to Chadstone?".

Panic started to rise in her. Chadstone? Why there? Why her brothers? What did they do to them?.

Danvor noticed how uneasy she was so he tried reassure her " hey don't worry, we'll find them. I promised didn't I?"

This made Noel and Ashton both to look at Danvor. What was wrong with him? Did he have a crush on her? She didn't even seem his type.

"What did you say?" Ashton asked without holding himself back.

"Uhm mind explaining what is going on here" That was Robby asking Noel.

He sighed.

"My friend's brothers were kidnapped few days ago. Those were their numbers. Anyway thank you for your help mate. We'll be going now" Noel answered his friend Robby.

They all went out in silence as Ashton kept giving Danvor annoyed looks and Noel watched him with a confused expression. However, even though Kiera was oblivious to Ashton's glares at Danvor, she sensed that neither Ashton nor Noel wanted to help her any further.

"I will help her, wether you come or not" Danvor let Ashton and Noel know his decision.

Ashton looked at him with his eyebrows raised. What had got into him. Why care about her like this?.

"It's alright. I'm thankful for your help up to here. I understand if you don't want to. I guess it's up to me from this point" Keira voiced her thoughts in a small voice hoping they would reconsider it.

Specially Ashton. She knew it was no time to pay attention to her crush. But she couldn't help but hope he would help her to find her brothers.

Danvor who heard her thoughts resisted the urge rolled his eyes at her. He didn't understand how the mind of a woman worked.

Noel sighed. "I'm in. I'll come with you".

Danvor smiled at Noel and looked at Ashton. "Ash?". 

He paused for a moment reconsidering. If both his only friends leave he'd be left alone. He didn't want to go to his parents house.

"Fine". He looked down at Keira and forced a smile "fine I guess I'll help you".

Keira got lost for second in Ashton's sparkly eyes and beautiful smile. But she quickly thanked everyone with a smile.

"We have to perform, in Melbourne" Ashton announced. "At this ceremony of my uncle's I got to know about it today. We'll go to Chadstone help you find your brothers in return you help us perform because we don't have a female singer anymore. Okay?"

Keira nodded happily blushing as she did so.

"Uncle Fred's?" Danvor asked.

And Ashton nodded in a reply.

Danvor groaned knowing he would meet his entire family there. Something he didn't want.
"I'd rather stay out of it".

"You can't" Ashton ordered as he got in to the driving seat with Noel on the passenger's seat.

"You two are brothers?" Keira asked in confusion. She never knew about this.

"Cousins" both of them reply at the same time.

"Ohh okay" she said in realization.

Ashton dropped Keira from her house and she thanked them once again for their help.

"Hey Dan? Do you have a crush on her?" Ashton asked Danvor as they drove away from her house.

"Yeah I thought the same thing" Noel told looking behind at him with a smirk.

Danvor scoffed "of course not. Look at her she is too small".

"The height is just a number when it comes to love" Noel winked at him.

Danvor rolled his eyes as Noel turned in front again.

"No really, I don't have a crush on her".

"Then why are so desperate to help her" Ashton asked him.

Danvor's eyes were narrowed at Ashton even though he couldn't see him. "I wouldn't call it desperation. It's empathy. After all I'm the only who reads minds over here".

"She is all alone by herself. How can she find her brothers without someone's help?" He reasoned.

"I guess you're right" Noel agreed with him. "To be honest I'm glad we are helping".

"Can you tell her that we are leaving tomorrow?" Danvor told Noel.

Noel took his phone out and blinked a few times before he replied "I don't have her number".

Ashton tutted "oh great".