THE WAY THEY TREAT HIM

Chapter: Fourteen.

********

Eight months Jackson has prayed for a change yet nothing had happened. He has fasted too many times he's lost, counts. He was cursed just like his father had called him.

His family has deserted him since they saw no changes in him, he couldn't pretend even if he tried, so night after night his father would call him to ask if he still feels attracted to the same sex his answers remain the same.

Now they all treated him like a stranger living amongst them.

A floating ghost that no one sees.

Whenever Jackson comes down for breakfast each morning, his family leaves the table for him even if they weren't finished with their meals yet. This had gone on for three months before Jackson had decided it's best he ate alone.

Soon his father had stopped paying for his school bills and he was forced to stay home, get a job and start feeding himself.

Yet with everything they've done to him, they still avoided him as if he carried in him a killer disease. Four months ago his sister had told his parents about the magazines he kept hidden in a shoebox under his bed.

He had no idea how she got to know about that and he didn't ask because the lock of his room has been broken by his father so he had no privacy to himself anymore.

Jackson sat on his bed while getting his work clothes ready for the evening when he heard someone push at his door and it opened.

"Father." Jackson greeted the man who didn't even bother to reply.

"Get your things, you're moving out." The man told him without a care in the world.

"Moving out?" Jackson asked surprised.

"From now on you live in the garage and you should be grateful your brother and sister don't want you thrown out off my house completely." The man seethed.

Jackson didn't know what to say. Were they even his family anymore he has no idea. The brother and sister he just spoke of haven't even spoken to him in eight months. Jackson picked up a duffle bag and started packing his shoes and few items of clothing of his.

Once he has taken that which he knew was enough Jackson threw the bag across his shoulder and reached for his cell phone on the table.

"Drop that, I bought it with my money. You need a phone, you buy yours." His father yelled. The moment Jackson dropped the phone his father threw it on the ground then stomped on it crushing the phone with his strong boots.

Jackson felt his eyes water but blinked it back as he made to leave the room.

"Mind you everything here will either be burnt or thrown out and I do not want to see you in here ever again." The man spoke as he walked out of the room with the boy. "You have no business in here anymore and the day you got tired of the garage you are free to go wherever the hell you want!" Jackson banged the front door as he stood out front staring at the dirty old garage door.

He walked towards it and pushed it open, the old wooden door creaked open as dust filled his vision. Jackson coughed his way into the dusty room and dropped his bag in a pile of dirt.

He didn't have time to start cleaning the place so he just left his bag there and walked out.

*******

"Hey, Jack!" He spun around to find a girl running towards him. He knew her from church so he stood and watch the girl jogged her way to him her bubble breast bouncing around as she ran.

"Hey." Jackson smiled as soon as the girl reached him.

"Where are you going?" The girl cheered.

"Just taking a stroll." Jackson pushed both hands in his Jean pockets as he resumed his walking once again.

"Where to!" She ran in front of him.

"What do you want Vicky?" Jackson laughed at the short girl blocking his part.

"I've heard." She raised both her eyebrows.

"Who hasn't?" Jackson rolled his eyes as he walked away again she was hot on his heels. In a small town like this gossip spreads like wildfire and he been gay is the best news ever. They look at him weird when he walks by and it even a miracle he got employed.

"You shouldn't have told them," Vicky whispered as if in deep thoughts.

"That's a bit too late now."

"You think you're the only one?"

"Apparently it appears so."

"Lies." Jackson stopped to stare at the girl.

"What?!" He whispered.

"You're not the only one, but the only one out of the closet." Vicky shrugged her shoulders.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm lesbian, remember Mikey from choir he's gay too."

"What?!" Jackson almost lost his balance. Mikey has a fiancé and they were going to get married soon. And Vicky is been dating a boy since Jackson could remember.

"All I'm trying to say is because you came out made you an outcast doesn't mean others like you are not in this town. They are all a bunch of cowards too scared to stand up for themselves. I am one of them." Vicky wiped at her eyes.

Jackson was dumbfounded, he didn't know where to begin to accept this newly found information. He could have sworn he's the only gay person in the whole town.

He walked in silence until they both got to the park there Vicky went on to tell him more about people she thought are like they were and those that have told her. She made him promise to never tell a soul and he did.

Jackson felt bad for all those people pretending to be who they aren't, that is by far the worst kind of life anyone could ever live.

And he sure as hell didn't want to be like them.

Good thing he came out when he did.

******************

Votes, Comments and Enjoy.

Kisses.