STRANGE

Chapter: Three.

The little boy thought he heard his name and so he ran from the little group he was paired with and headed into the direction of the woods. The air around him seems different as he walked deeper into the woods. He wasn't scared and he didn't run back. Although the woods at the back of their school wasn't so tick or that scary yet the teachers had warned them seriously never to go in there by themselves only if they were been guided by a grown-up.

"Jameson!"

The soft voice called again and the boy stood to search his surroundings with his eyes and see if he would find the owner of the voice that has called him out and away from others. The four-year-old blinked when he felt a strange breeze at the back of his neck making his hair standstill. Goosebumps filled his skin as a cold shiver ran down his spine. He has gone way deeper into the woods and he couldn't see his way back.

Fear showing it's ugly face but the little boy stood strong. He didn't want to be scared.

"Hh-hello?!!" He stuttered, his head going around.

"Come."

The voice responded once again. Jameson looked straight ahead and saw green branches dancing around. He smiled and took to his heels.

"There you go, Jameson."

The voice encouraged as Jameson got closer to a big black tree. Jameson stood and stared up at the tall tree. Never has he ever seen a tree as black and tall as that before. Curious, he walked closer to it and touched it. The tree felt cold to the touch and he pulled his little hand away fast.

"W-where a-are you?" Jameson asked, his eyes still glued on the strange tree.

Jameson stood there and waited for the voice that has led him all the way here. He wanted to go back but remembered he couldn't tell which way to go.

An idea popped into his head and he stood. He was going to ask for directions back to school from the voice that has led him there.

"Jameson."

Jameson spun on his heels to find a little girl about a year or two older than he was right in front of him. She wore a tattered pink dress that is torn all over. Her legs were white and she wore no shoes. Jameson stared until his eyes met hers. Her eyes looked dark and sad. She seems lonely and hungry.

"Hello." Jameson's called cheerfully and saw a thin smile split the girl's lips in such a way that it looked painful. "Are you lost?" Jameson asked, but the girl didn't answer rather she turned her back to him. "What's wrong?" Jameson came to stand in front of her and then he saw her eyes wet. "Don't cry," Jameson touched her cold face and swipe tears off her eyes. "You are so cold." He smiled and took a better look at the girl.

"Lilia." The girl whispered.

"Jameson," The boy answered and grabbed onto her cold slender hand. "Where is your house? I can take you there." Jameson stopped walking when she pulled her hand away from his grasp.

"I don't have a home." She told him.

"No wonder you don't have any clothes or shoes." Jameson looked thoughtful for a while and then smiled once again. "I know," he cried excitedly. "I'll take you to my house and I'll give you food, and clothes and shoes." Jameson laughed when he saw the girl smile.

"My friends too?" The girl asked.

"You have friends here? Cool... can I meet them?" Jameson was overwhelmed.

Lilia took his hand this time and walked them back to the big tree, she then went behind it and when she came back out, she was with two other boys. They didn't look any different than she did only they were boys the same age as she was.

"Zeb and Zak." Lilia introduced and they hugged Jameson at once.

"My name is Jameson." Jameson felt tears coming down his eyes. He has his own friends for once in his short life. Back in the school, he didn't have any friends they ignored him completely as if he wasn't even there. The reason he has wandered off was that no one wanted to play with him in the group they had paired him with. The school wasn't fun for him since he didn't see any reason to want to keep going back. But his mother would always make him go every other weekday, only on the weekends when he gets to stay in his room all day and play with his action figures and favorite plush toy Mr. Bunny. His toys were his friends but now he has real human friends and it doesn't matter whether they have a home or not. He would take care of his newly found friends.

"I can't tell which way to go," Jameson confessed as shame made his face red. He was playing the hero and has been leading them in circles for a while. He didn't want to tell them he was lost like they were.

"We know." All three voices echoed at once.

Jameson frowned. "You knew and yet you let me walk you in circles?" Jameson folded his arms and stared at them.

They smiled at the faces he made and then took turns in leading them out the woods.

Jameson was surprised at how fast they moved, he had to keep running so he'd caught up to them. He didn't want to tell them to slow down for him.

Soon Jameson found himself at the back of his school once again. He was happy they made it but there is one more problem.

"I can't take you into the school, wait here for me and I'll go get my bag then I'll come back for you and we can go home," Jameson told them and then started running.

As he ran he would always look back to see if they were still there and he would find them standing still as he had left them.

Jameson stumbled into another boy the moment he ran into the school hall.

"Watch where you're going freak!" The older boy punched his chest and he crouched down on his knees while rubbing at the burn he felt there.

"Tell us what to do, Jameson."

His head went up so fast it could have fallen off from his neck.

*****************

A/N: Pay close attention as this is a mixture of both past and present. I will let you know when the past is over!

*****

Votes, Comments and enjoy.

Kisses.