The Thirst

"Mom I don't want to go to boarding school. Whatever I did I swear I'll be good, I'm sorry why don't you want me? !" 

"Oh Rayne don't be absurd your cousins are going with you, it will be a great experience for you! It's an international school and if you stay with me you won't get the education that you need. Believe me you are a good girl, and I love you so much! Now run along and make some friends I have to leave now my flight is in a few hours. I'll see you for Christmas okay!" 

I held on to my mothers leg in front of the entire school. I did not bloody care I was 11 and the only woman who defended me against ...EVERYONE. My rock, my only peace of mind had just shipped me into the lions den to be feasted upon and wanted them to ship the bones back as a Christmas present. Mothers. They just don't understand! 

Especially my absolutely perfect socialite of a mother that expected me to be just like, if not more outstanding than her. Did she not see me? 5 foot, rollie pollie looking, pig tail wearing light skin girl from the city, that she sent to an ISLAND! Yes this INTERNATIONAL boarding school was on a island in the SAME country with island girls that THOUGHT, I thought I was better than them because I came from the "capital" but here's the sad part, she wouldn't even let me wear jeans like a normal kid! I had matching sets for everyday! What type of boujie preppy 11 year old was i?! I couldn't even be normal and wear a t-shirt and jeans on t-shirt and JEANS day. I had to wear the denim set that my mother packed. To say the bullying continued would be an understatement. Every night two girls would put me in my locker and before sunrise they'd take me out and laugh saying I didn't deserve a bed. They'd pee on my bed and make it look like I still wet the bed and the dorm mother made me take the mattress outside and scrub it..... in public. So it goes without saying that my love life was....trash. It's not that I didn't have crushes, my crushes just didn't crush back or were too embarrassed to say anything. My cousins would try to defend me sometimes but I always knew they were embarrassed too. So my life was for two years. I'd stay in my corner and read tons of books, it was my escape from the shit show that was my life. When I read I could be anyone, do anything and just be happy like my characters. I read so much until I started taking on my characters persona, all of a sudden I wasn't okay with being put in my locker and I wasn't okay with being shoved around and I definitely wasn't okay with being bothered in the shower. So as I read, I started to plot. 

It was 4:30pm on a rainy Thursday evening, Everyone was showering before dinner and I had just finished this book called "her fury". I closed the book, took a deep breath and allowed myself to become Helena. I will not be put in my locker tonight. As I walked to the bathroom I could hear Chelsea and her friends laughing and playing music in the shower. Why were they so happy? Did my misfortune give them joy? No more. I looked down and I saw the two by four plywood, the rain howling literally calling my name. I took it walked to her shower and I opened it and stared. She screamed and asked me if I was a lesbian or something and I finally grew the balls to ask her. Why? Why did she hate me so much? Do you know what she said? This stupid bitch laughs and says just because you're from the city doesn't mean you get to walk around here and act like you're better than us, you'll never be anything because I say you aren't. She closes the curtain back while I stood there and took it in. I kid you not, another part of myself took over because when I opened my eyes Chelsea was on the floor screaming and I was beating her with the 2 x 4 ply wood and I couldn't stop. I told her she didn't know me and she would never control my life again. I kicked her when the boys from the other side of campus ran in I spat in her face as I hung upside down In their arms because I wasn't done. I had unleashed the fire and it was just starting to burn. As they carried me to the stairs her friend Carey stood there in a towel looking at me in shock it's like I had another wave of heat take over again and just like a tigress on her prey, I leap. I kick her square in her chest and down two flights of stairs she goes. They boys hold down my arms and my legs flail as I scream. "When I get back it's over for you bitches. Over!" Then I opened my eyes.

It was night time. I was in the campus nurses house as she lived on campus. My knuckles wrapped and I was tied....to a rocking chair? What the fuck. I looked around and directly in front of me sat our creepy campus nurse mrs. Schers. 

"So Rayne, would you like to tell me what's going on with you today?"

Silence. 

"Why there are two critically injured students that have been airlifted for medical assistance?"

Huh? Silence. 

"We have all night so take your time sweat pea"

 I really didn't want to be in here all night so I said something. 

"I'm thirsty... really thirsty."

"Is that for water or blood and is this literal or metaphorical Rayne."

 I took a moment and thought about it before I answered. 

"Both."